Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Kovalev v Ward 2 have turned out if.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weeks ruined the fight so we will never know. Worst job I’ve seen since Hatton/Tszyu

Comment

i predict that ward would have ko'd kovalev with low blows and people would pretend that they weren't really low...but in all seriousness the fight wouldn't have happened. the rematch almost didn't happen. they literally gave him the entire purse and 6.5 million dollars just to get him in that ring. you think he was going to take b-side money and probably be treated liek a b-side in the ring(meaning no holding and fouling would be punished)to fight a guy who was better than him? nope. but they gave him the gift and like always the rich get richer in boxing and he used his status to cheat in the second fight even more in order to ensure a victory.
      Last edited by daggum; 03-21-2018, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
        Not to burst your bubble but........If you come to the ring with your shorts higher than whats considered normal, the ref will tell you before the fight, where he will set the belt line, and tony weeks did this in the instructions, you can clearly hear where he said he would consider his belt line, and pointed to it with his hand extended. BECAUSE his trunks where up higher than whats customary, and this was BEFORE the match, roy jones even commented on it before the punching started. Where is the belt line when someone is bending over forward?......Sanchez, Don Turner (who was in Kov's corner) both said he was looking for a way out when he started complaining. And for those that arent athletic, your cup is not up around your navel. And just because you land a knockdown doesnt mean you won the whole fight, (again for the novice, each round is scored separate, meaning what you did in round two (1st fight) doesnt mean sh|t for the other 10 rounds). You guys make Kov look worse. You can listen to the broadcast during the fight, and they were talking about how Kov looked and acted tired and wanting a way out, FROM THE BODY SHOTS that occurred up to that point, they were pointing out how Kov was turning to run from Ward (which showed Ward that Kov physically, didnt want any of that fighting, and I believe Kellerman remarked that Kov looked dead/weary at the end of the 5th round, AND WE HAVENT BROUGHT UP THAT SHOT TO KOV'S MOUTH (Kov almost started the RUSSIAN stanky leg)
        He lost fair and square BOTH times, but some of you also believe PAC had a Growth Spurt around 29 years old, and that he tripped over JMM's foot and fell asleep, or that Salt Water fixes "severely" torn rotator cuffs in less than 4 months
        and the punches clearly landed lower than that thanks for playing delusional fanboy here on boxingscene

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          and the punches clearly landed lower than that thanks for playing delusional fanboy here on boxingscene
          Im not coming for your title

Comment

How would it have turned out if Kovalev actually trained for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
              Im not coming for your title
              i don't remember tony weeks pointing to the hublot logo and saying anything above this is good since thats where ward hit him but that would destroy your argument so nm...oh wait kovalev bent over a little therefore that makes it ok to low blow him? that was your other point. delusional people make these kind of leaps in logic in order to defend the indefensible. instead of seeing the 3 clear uppercut low blows that landed low they make zapruder like gifs showing 1 percent of ward's glove landing on the belt line. see it wasn't low!!! what about the other 99 percent of his glove....

Comment

Lol i knew kovalev was gonna lose the rematch whem he got the s&c coach. Also when he said jdj doesnt train him, he just holds his mitts for him

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                  How would it of turned out if kov was actually given his rest to recover from two blatant back to back low blows instead of illegally waiving the fight? That’s the real question
                  u mean time to recover from that right hand that had him on queer street?

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                    How would it of turned out if kov was actually given his rest to recover from two blatant back to back low blows instead of illegally waiving the fight? That’s the real question
                    Kovalev was gasing out anyway. Yes he should've been given five minutes to recover but I don't think he had much left. Not excusing Ward's tactics or the ref's incompetence.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      i don't remember tony weeks pointing to the hublot logo and saying anything above this is good since thats where ward hit him but that would destroy your argument so nm...oh wait kovalev bent over a little therefore that makes it ok to low blow him? that was your other point. delusional people make these kind of leaps in logic in order to defend the indefensible. instead of seeing the 3 clear uppercut low blows that landed low they make zapruder like gifs showing 1 percent of ward's glove landing on the belt line. see it wasn't low!!! what about the other 99 percent of his glove....
                      How do you argue something that you ADMIT YOU DONT REMEMBER....Hint HBO onDemand, you can see and hear it from the ref. WHY would he come to the ring with his trunks higher than normal? because he was trying to make WARds punches to the body look low, why else does a guy come to the ring like that...(oh I forgot, his trainer said he dropped kov with a body shot in training) why did kov actually turn his back to run away from WARd before these alleged low blows, cause he wanted to get the **** outta there. All of the evidence points to Kov trying to run (which he literally did) during the fight. check the tapes/video I cant lie about that. so once again your "fanboy" arguments have been utterly destroyed.

Comment

Working...
                      X