Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking back.. why did so many pick Donaire over Rigo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually had money on rigo to win

Comment

donaires ability to dispose of his legit opposition during his undefeated streak.

im not gonna sht on rigos resume but donaire is the only one that looks good in it.

Comment

Even though it does not mean much, I was only slightly leaning towards Donaire in a decision. It was tough to call, I couldn't really say either was going to win. That's what I liked the most from that fight, it was hard to pick a winner. It's why the fight needed to happen, because it was a 50-50 fight.

This was my prediction April 9th:

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        This is a competitive fight, which is why I was always bashing Donaire to take it. It's a fight that i'm not sure who's going to win, but Donaire's size makes me lean towards him, slightly.

Comment

Cuz everyone said rigo was only an amateur not an elite like donaire

Comment

I thought Donaire would get a KO in the middle rounds with Rigondeaux ahead on the cards. I saw Cordoba knock Rigondeaux down and thought Donaire will catch him with something hard eventually, but he never really did.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
              why did some think Donaire would win so easily?
              I don't think a majority of the people thought Donaire would win "easily"

Comment

Originally posted by blak81 View Post
                Because Donaire has KO'd or hurt many ofhisopponents and many believed Rigo's chin was weak because of Cordona and Marroquin.

Also, "Amatuer experience is irrelevant in te pro's".
                This was EXACTLY why I picked Donaire.

Comment

I learned long ago from a friend of mine named Scott that when people start talking about a certain punch ending a fight, it almost always fails to happen because the dynamics of each fight are so different that you can't just say a particular punch is going to end a fight. I mentioned that about two weeks before this fight. There are a lot of fighters who get rocked or hurt but lesser punchers and not even blink from bigger punchers. That comes down to the dynamics which come down to styles and a difference in big fight preparation.

Comment

Because he was proven

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                      40%? Was more like 10%

I too was thinking Donaire via manslaughter but right towards the end I changed my mind to Rigo UD.
                      you frontin. everything to most of these fans is power so thats why they believed donaire was going to slaughter rigo because they look at the power more than they look at the actual boxing aspect of boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X