Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you Want Roe vs Wade (Abortion Law) to be Overturned?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
    So here is my response to the irrelevant, pointless question.

Pew data indicates that the USA is still relatively religious compared to other western democracies. I don’t have any reason to consider this information incorrect. I mean, it is a little bit dated, and the percentages would have changed a bit, but I think the underlying premise is probably still true.

Why was this data presented?

To imply that the data I presented was incorrect, and to imply further that the anti-abortion movement is not a religious one.

However, the Pew data does nothing of the sort, which should be obvious.

I showed a map which presented the religiosity of countries relative to others around the world. The Pew data shows that the USA, while having higher religiosity compared to other first world countries, is in the lowest third compared to the rest of the countries of the world.
    In other words, the data I presented showed that the USA to be in the ‘less religious’ grouping, and the Pew data confirmed this.

Importantly, because the correlation I was demonstrating relied on this type of relationship, then the correlation is still maintained. As the religiosity of a country increases, so too, the anti-abortion laws tend to increase – in a statistically relevant way.

However, what the resident liar and coward should have done, rather than present useless data and then run away from questions in the most hideously act of emasculation I have witnessed this year, was to question the metric.

In other words, laws are not created in a vacuum. Just because a country might be very religious, does not mean that the religious folk will be able to get any old law they want passed.

So the data I presented might be very convincing, and food for thought, but are there other factors involved? Well – the overlay of the map is pretty damn tight. But what if it was possible to find a country that had high religiosity relative to the rest of the world, but also had relaxed laws?

The environmental factors would then need to be considered. One of the most important would be – is the country a theocracy, where the religious define the law? Or is it a secular democracy with a decent separation of church and state, where the religious can only dream of enforcing their religion on others.

So, if we look at USA, and if we pretended that it had a high religiosity compared to the rest of the world (it doesn’t) then would the relatively relaxed abortion laws deny the correlation?

No, of course not. The constitution in America acts to prevent this sort of thing.

So the evidence I have presented shows an extraordinarily strong correlation between the religiosity of a country and the status of freedom of abortion.

Evidence provided to somehow contradict this has failed to do so, and the person throwing this out like a squid jettisons ink before fleeing, has refused to answer further questions.

So let’s just put the final nail in the coffin.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7286166

“9 in 10 NRLC members report that religion is very important to them and that they attend services at least once a week”

Anyone saying that the anti-abortion movement is not a nearly unanimously religious one, are lying.

So, why do religious people lie about this?

Simple. They know that admission of this fact will undermine their ability to enforce this religious belief onto other people. And some religious types really, really, really want to enforce their religious beliefs onto others.

I suppose what makes it the most pathetic, apart from being so scummy as to lie, so cowardly as to run from questioning, is the fact that this makes them damned poor at their religion. The Abrahamic religion is pretty clear that people shouldn’t lie.

It also makes them predictable. The coward I exposed in this thread will continue with the same lies.
    Good one. I like it. However, I’m gonna butt in here without knowing who you’re talking to or the complete context of the convo.

How is the religiosity of America being calculated here? I mean, is America less religious because they only go to church on Sundays as opposed to those countries who pray daily and go to church more often? Cause if that’s the case, that amounts to absolutely zero imo. Would radicalists be considered more religious? If I kill someone on behalf of my faith does that make me more religious than if I just walked in my faith and chose to love someone instead?
    Does the separation of church and state lower our religiosity?

Idk, I think you get the point I’m trying to make (not even sure if it’s along the same lines of the argument here as it’s a weird argument).

Religion is kinda weird to me. I mean, I think it’s a good thing as far as a means to be content while we’re here, networking and just the overall congregation amongst people. But human nature always rears it’s ugly head and people reveal their true selves over time. What’s more important is honesty, humility and integrity imo.

Besides, who’s to say that the Bible wasn’t the very first forum created? With a 1/1024 distant relative of anorak, hectari, sunspace, and lord knows who else writing this crap.

Moses talking to a burning bush and splitting the red sea sounds like some prime form hectari posts imo...

Anyways, I’m just rambling. But I’m curious to know how they came to that conclusion of religiosity.

Comment

• D4 is a POS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
        I suppose you must be right. I mean, just look at these two maps which compare how restrictive abortion laws are versus how religious a country is.

I mean, some people would look at that and see an almost perfect overlap.

But now that you have said that it is propaganda, I mean, you know...

Truth 1) When you have to tell lies to justify your position, then it is time to re-evaluate your position.

Truth 2) When you start with a religious position, you will end up having to tell lies to justify your position.
        Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
        Good one. I like it. However, I’m gonna butt in here without knowing who you’re talking to or the complete context of the convo.

How is the religiosity of America being calculated here? I mean, is America less religious because they only go to church on Sundays as opposed to those countries who pray daily and go to church more often? Cause if that’s the case, that amounts to absolutely zero imo. Would radicalists be considered more religious? If I kill someone on behalf of my faith does that make me more religious than if I just walked in my faith and chose to love someone instead?
        Does the separation of church and state lower our religiosity?

Idk, I think you get the point I’m trying to make (not even sure if it’s along the same lines of the argument here as it’s a weird argument).

Religion is kinda weird to me. I mean, I think it’s a good thing as far as a means to be content while we’re here, networking and just the overall congregation amongst people. But human nature always rears it’s ugly head and people reveal their true selves over time. What’s more important is honesty, humility and integrity imo.

Besides, who’s to say that the Bible wasn’t the very first forum created? With a 1/1024 distant relative of anorak, hectari, sunspace, and lord knows who else writing this crap.

Moses talking to a burning bush and splitting the red sea sounds like some prime form hectari posts imo...

Anyways, I’m just rambling. But I’m curious to know how they came to that conclusion of religiosity.
        He is basing that assumption of these charts. Conveniently being vague and not using any actual stats.

I used the data from here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Import...poor-nations-1

https://news.gallup.com/poll/142727/...t-nations.aspx

Which used a Gallup poll, sourcing data from 114 countries and over a hundred thousand people.

Asking them how important religion is in their day to day lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          He is basing that assumption of these charts. Conveniently being vague and not using any actual stats.

I used the data from here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Import...poor-nations-1

https://news.gallup.com/poll/142727/...t-nations.aspx

Which used a Gallup poll, sourcing data from 114 countries and over a hundred thousand people.

Asking them how important religion is in their day to day lives.
          I’ll have to check it out later. I’m really not that interested but since I chimed in I kinda have to follow up.

Just seems weird to me. How do rate different levels of religiosity? Are jihadists who kill and die for their religion considered to have a higher religiosity than those that go to church on sundays or go door to door to preach their faith? It’s just a very weird scale to me. It’s like helicopters, I don’t understand them.

Comment

• As the amount of humans approaches a critical mass, I have to say that I’m down with anything that exercises population control. Pre-emptive fetus strikes, liquidating anyone with an IQ under 110 for biofuel, automatic euthanasia at 85, Thanos clicking his fingers; that sort of thing.
            Last edited by E10Rifle; 10-23-2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• Brett Kavanaugh already said he considered Roe v Wade settled law.

Some democrat at work was whining that he was going to overturn Roe v Wade, I told him the above, he already knew and spit out some kind of mental gymnastics saying that "considering Roe v Wade settled law" really means he intends to over turn it.

Comment

• i don't care what a woman does with her body just don't make taxpayers like me pay for her dumbass decisions thru planned parenthood. if she wants to have sex without condoms or birth control, then it's her duty to pay for an abortion out of pocket if she wants one, not anyone elses. they keep saying it's not my business what she does to her body right then ****ing pay up.

Comment

• Originally posted by RespekonMyName View Post
                  Abortion is an incredibly personal decision that every woman should have a choice to do if it's what she thinks is right for her life and body. Most pro-lifers oppose it because of religion, which shouldn't be considered when crafting policy.
                  Baby murder has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with basic humanity and morality.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Barron View Post
                    i don't care what a woman does with her body just don't make taxpayers like me pay for her dumbass decisions thru planned parenthood. if she wants to have sex without condoms or birth control, then it's her duty to pay for an abortion out of pocket if she wants one, not anyone elses. they keep saying it's not my business what she does to her body right then ****ing pay up.
                    Same here brother. I don't give a damn if someone wants an abortion, don't make me pay for it with my taxes.

Comment

• https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nt/2767658002/

Supreme Court blocks Louisiana abortion restrictions, handing anti-abortion movement a temporary setback

Looks like Chief Justice Roberts is tacking to the middle on issues like this now that Trump has placed Kavanuagh on the Court. In the Kavanuagh thread I suggested he would tack more to the center on issues like this.

Looks like abortion is going to be a driving issue in the next election.

Comment

Working...
                      X