Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terence Crawford just called out Pacquiao on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should just go ahead and make this fight. I'm sure Top Rank is worried because either way they lose out on money from the loser, but they don't really have anything big for either guy besides each other.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      LOL, knew I'd be seeing a few of these this morning.
      And the problem is? Funny how any time Spence is mentioned Crawford goes silent or begins to stutter. Too much risk. If he wants Pac no problem. Move up to 147 and accept an offer of what you are worth.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        In the post fight talk, Roy said Thurman was the best ww and max said Spence was the special guy at 147. Why are they downplaying and avoiding a Crawford/Manny fight?

Espn, nsb and a number of publications/sites have Manny as the top ww. Yet they act like he doesn't exist. Very strange to see. They never do this. Why now?

Why would they downplay a big ppv fight for a guy they have signed? they could have everything to themselves but instead push for cross network fights that always prove difficult to put together.

Roy saying Manny shouldn't fight him unless the money is right would usually make posters irate. Crawford is very high risk for Manny and it's a shame hbo is not pushing for him to get the fight knowing it will help his exposure if he wins. He
        I think most people understand Pac is half-retired and not looking for anything besides easy paydays. I know I don't particularly care for that reason. I'd rather see Crawford fight the Haymon welterweights.

Comment

Pacquiao is a joke at this point of his career......floyd is a joke too but he is making 100 million guaranteed. Poochie still fighting for peanuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
            wasn't there a thread where crawford said that he and his team never called manny and that mannay deserves to fight whomever he wants?
            Good memory. Yes there was

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              Very possible. Manny's speed could keep him in the fight but Crawford looks awefully good. Don't know how Manny's legs would last against this guy. Pacquiao should avoid Crawford at this point in his career.
              not quite that....i meant do you think TC will make manny sign a weight clause

Comment

Loved you in the movie bro.

I know right; Just seeing if you were paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  And the problem is? Funny how any time Spence is mentioned Crawford goes silent or begins to stutter. Too much risk. If he wants Pac no problem. Move up to 147 and accept an offer of what you are worth.
                  Would you agree that it's better if Crawford beats and young lion at 147 over an old pacman at 147?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    I think most people understand Pac is half-retired and not looking for anything besides easy paydays. I know I don't particularly care for that reason. I'd rather see Crawford fight the Haymon welterweights.
                    While I can respect your personal choice, we know how difficult those fights will be to make. We also know that as The WBO jww champ, Crawford can fight the WBO ww champ with no issue.

More importantly, HBO is undercutting Crawford's earning potential by suggesting he fight men who draw less. Any of these fights would be split network ppv's with men having never been on ppv. This after they made him go to ppv for the Postol fight which drew maybe 69k purchases.

It's the tradition of the sport that a young fighter takes out an old one and assumes the throne. Maybe Crawford beats Manny, maybe not. But at least he should get a chance.

Bojangles it's wrong that HBO is holding him back like this. Again, I respect your opinion but how is it fair that his network wants him to unify the jww titles in a smaller fight instead of pushing for him to get a big ppv fight which is very winnable and would elevate his profile significantly.

Comment

Working...
                    X