No announcement yet.

Frans Botha has lots of great fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frans Botha has lots of great fights

he sure was the most basic of fighters.jab,right cross,right to the body.he always went straight at you,winging punches.good chin but his short reach really hurt him regularily when he stepped up.he gave up 10" to lennox & 8" to klitschko yet he'd come straight in throwing.he got hit alot! He had good fights with Tyson,wlad,moorer,Schulz,Briggs & his fight vs entienne was entertaining....Sam sexton reminds me of him...including the short reach.

Botha does have lots of great fights, unfortunitely he was on the losing end of most of them. I doubt that is a comparison you were hoping for. Sexton has improved but it seems he is in over his head right now. It would be great if I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by cooper5 View Post
      Botha does have lots of great fights, unfortunitely he was on the losing end of most of them. I doubt that is a comparison you were hoping for. Sexton has improved but it seems he is in over his head right now. It would be great if I was wrong.
      Yes he did lose but still he is a tough guy.he's one of my favorites & enjoy most of his fights.sexton isn't as good(yet) but his style & size reminds me of Botha...I doubt sexton will reach as high a level as Botha but he's pretty good.he's got a few domestic guys to take care of first.williams,fury,price,chisora,mcdermott...beat the British scene then we will see what Sam has.

Comment

Working...
      X