Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which pre 1940 fighter looks best on film?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And no ones mentioned Kid Chocolate yet i saw him some time ago and he looks superb, great jab, great inside fighting skills, you can see where Robinson got his inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
      And no ones mentioned Kid Chocolate yet i saw him some time ago and he looks superb, great jab, great inside fighting skills, you can see where Robinson got his inspiration.

that's a real good one

very graceful boxer in an age where a technician was a true pioneer

i remember watching richard abril beat the snot out of rios recently and thinking i recognized some of the kid's influence

abril is of course a cuban

Comment

Gans, hands down.

And if there were footage of him in his true prime, he'd possibly be considered the P4P GOAT ahead of Robinson.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
          Gans, hands down.

And if there were footage of him in his true prime, he'd possibly be considered the P4P GOAT ahead of Robinson.
          No way.

He simply doesn't have the resume to be considered to be ranked above Ray Robinson.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            I think Benny Leonard looks pretty amazing. Tunney certainly ranks as well as Barney Ross.
            Any of Leonard you see on film was from the comeback period I believe, post-1930.

Comment

Working...
            X