Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exhibition Match tomorrow night. Any tips?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhibition Match tomorrow night. Any tips?

I have an exhibition match against a southpaw tomorrow night. Any tips for fight day regarding good foods to eat, etc?

I had a good "camp" so to speak, but the past week I've had no choice but to work super late and be up super early (bed at 1:30 am and up at 6-7am everyday). I originally wanted to do a lil tune up saturday or tuesday, but wasn't able to with work. I could go to the gym tonight to train a little, but I have a tendency to over do it and want to be fresh for tomorrow.

Going to try to get some good sleep tonight, went for about a mile or so run this morning.

I'll also have my gf video record it and can post.

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
    I have an exhibition match against a southpaw tomorrow night. Any tips for fight day regarding good foods to eat, etc?

I had a good "camp" so to speak, but the past week I've had no choice but to work super late and be up super early (bed at 1:30 am and up at 6-7am everyday). I originally wanted to do a lil tune up saturday or tuesday, but wasn't able to with work. I could go to the gym tonight to train a little, but I have a tendency to over do it and want to be fresh for tomorrow.

Going to try to get some good sleep tonight, went for about a mile or so run this morning.

Gentle jog tonight, and then visualize yourself winning

Comment

stay calm, focus on your basics. Hands up, mainly straight shots, move side to side and not straight backwards.

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys. Went and did 3 rds of jumprope and about 10 mins on the bike last night. Was feeling good.

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys. Went and did 3 rds of jumprope and about 10 mins on the bike last night. Was feeling good.
          Did you win bud?

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
            Did you win bud?
            Leaving to go to the fighters meeting right now!

Wish me luck and I'll update you guys tonight.

Comment

Good luck big dawg

Comment

Get low and shoot for his ribs with your right hand. Let him use his jab, get his timing and then do this: slip his jab to your left, while at the same time ramming your right fist down his throat. He'll walk right in to it. Always follow your right hands with hooks, up or down. Give him hell...….Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                  Get low and shoot for his ribs with your right hand. Let him use his jab, get his timing and then do this: slip his jab to your left, while at the same time ramming your right fist down his throat. He'll walk right in to it. Always follow your right hands with hooks, up or down. Give him hell...….Rockin'
                  The right to the body worked really well. I won!

Comment

The right to the body worked really well. I won!
                    congrats. But how did you win an exhibition bout? ..…….Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X