Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Billy Dib: Thank God I Finally Got Away From 50 Cent!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Billy Dib: Thank God I Finally Got Away From 50 Cent!

In 2012, Dib signed a three-year multi-fight contract with 50 Cent — one of the highest selling music artists of all time — after the latter formed a joint venture with Floyd Mayweather that would supposedly revolutionise boxing.

But 50 Cent, real name Curtis Jackson, fell out with Mayweather, who held rights to The Money Team promotional company, leaving Dib directly under the control of the rapper.

Dib says he was paid only a fraction of what he was owed by 50 Cent over six fights, and while he would not discuss figures, The Daily Telegraph understands it is upwards of seven figures.

And there’s little chance of Dib ever recouping that money after 50 Cent filed for bankruptcy last year, owing $45 million to creditors.

“We have no promotional ties, and thank God I’ve finally gotten away from 50 Cent,” Dib said.

“A lot of people would say ‘Why do you want to get away from 50 Cent, that would be amazing’, but it’s not amazing, it was very disheartening, sleepless nights, you wake up for phone calls and the guy would never answer his phone, it was possibly the worst career move that I’ve made in my life.

“But everything happens for a reason, that was what was written for me at the time, and it’s on to the next.”

The much-hyped deal with 50 Cent was supposed to have taken then world champion featherweight Dib to a new stratosphere in the boxing world, but instead left him hating the sport.

Billy Dib with American rapper 50 Cent.
    Billy Dib with American rapper 50 Cent.Source: Supplied
    “My career was skyrocketing, things were going amazing, and then unfortunately - and when I say unfortunately I really do mean unfortunately — I signed for 50 Cent, who basically knew nothing about the sport of boxing,” Dib said.

“And I really believe that it’s from that point, because when you get promised something and it’s not delivered, that disheartens you a little bit.

“And that’s what was happening to me, I was being promised certain things and I was only being delivered a quarter of what was promised.

“So that became very disheartening, and then you find that you’re fighting for money and you’re fighting for the love of the sport anymore, and that’s what happened to me.

Billy Dib tragically lost his wife Sara to cancer last yea

50 is a scumbag. r.

Also didn't Kirkland have problems with pay and turned down fights?
    50 is still raping Gamboa

Comment

Billy Dib was like the most active 50 cent fighter too.

Gamboa, Dib, Kirkland, Dirrell. All of their careers went downhill big time after signing with 50.

I don't think 50 even cares about his promotional company and is only doing it in spite of Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
        Haymon paid to get Dirrell from 50. It's a disaster. 50 still has control over a pretty good prospect too named Blue Chip.

Comment

scumbag. bottom line

Comment

That was painful to read. 50cent should call himself 3 quarters, or 75 cent, because that seems to be the amount he stole from his guys.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
              Haymon paid to get Dirrell from 50. It's a disaster. 50 still has control over a pretty good prospect too named Blue Chip.
              Martin's case falls under a different category, but his team has taken the proper steps to avoid being dictated for whom he will next fight.

The fighter's case is being handled by well-respected bankruptcy attorney Craig Lifland of Halloran & Sage, LLP, based out of Hartford, Conn. A motion was filed - and accepted by the United States Bankrupcty Court District of Connecticut - for Jackson to either assume or reject Martin's contract by no later than end of business day on October 30, 2015.
              - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/ryan-mart....5BKWKMMY.dpuf

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                That was painful to read. 50cent should call himself 3 quarters, or 75 cent, because that seems to be the amount he stole from his guys.
                Hey is that your dog? In the avi

Comment

50 Cent ruined every fighter he signed. Yeah Kirkland had issues with 50 about money other fighters also complained about the money they were getting and complained that 50 simply didn't have the connections to make fights. Dirrell got tired of being on ice with no fights and had to run back to Haymon and buy out his own contract. 50 couldn't get Gamboa fights so he put him in with Crawford who was too damn big for him and got destroyed. Most of these guys only signed because they thought they were signing to 50/Floyd as part of a huge boxing take over branded the The Money Team promotions. Instead Floyd went to prison and Haymon found out about 50's plan to cut Haymon out. Floyd stayed loyal to Haymon and went back on his deal with 50 and all those fighters who signed to 50 while Floyd was in jail got screwed and were part of 50's new solo SMS promotions.

Comment

Hey is that your dog? In the avi
                    Yes! Jhonny, after Jhonny Gonzalez.
                    He is from Roppongi Tokyo, a pleasure paradise.

Comment

Working...
                    X