Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has a better resume, Sugar Ray Leonard or Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resume vs resume, lol if u pick Floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
      HAHAHA!!!! No one lands combinations on Floyd. I look at the Floyd SR fight, and imagine all the beautiful counters Floyd would let off.

That fight is a mismatch in favor of Floyd, simply because they are the same fighter. Floyd is the pureboxer that SRL wants to be. But everything SRL does, Floyd is an expert at. I see SRL trying to outbox Floyd, and everytime he gets countered he would stop in his place. His only way of winning is to come forward like a wild brawler, and he would never do that.

He would try to outMayweather, Mayweather. Its unfair to SRL, to compare him to an ATG from the future, when Floyd grew up studying everything SRL did wrong.

Look at how SRL used to imitate Ali and SRR. Imagine him growing up watching Floyd Jr. He would be the next Adrien Broner. Trying to shoulder roll. This is 100% exactly what would happen if he grew up watching Floyd.
      Murkaman:
      That fight is a mismatch in favor of Floyd, simply because they are the same fighter.

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
      explain to me how they are the same fighter?

Murkaman:
      Floyd is the pureboxer that SRL wants to be. But everything SRL does, Floyd is an expert at.

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
      Does Floyd jabs better than Leonard? Does floyd throws better combos? Does Floyd finishes his opponents when they're hurt? Does Floyd boxes better?

Murkaman:
      I see SRL trying to outbox Floyd, and everytime he gets countered he would stop in his place.

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
      Leonard is not your average speed boxer, he was a very excellent boxer with exceptional speed. So with that I don't see anyone of these 2 champions out boxing each other & it would be more difficult for Floyd to counter Leonard with that speed. AND HOW IN THE EFFING WORLD WILL HE BE ABLE TO STOP HIM IN HIS PLACE??? Floyd doesn't have pop on his punches where as Leonard did.

Murkman:
      His only way of winning is to come forward like a wild brawler, and he would never do that.

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
      Correct, Leonard would never come forward like a wild brawler! He would come like a smart brawler if he need to. See his fight with Duran where Leonard went toe to toe for 15 rds! Did you see what Maidana did with Floyd in the 1st fight. Duran has twice the skills of Maidana & has more power than him too. Hmmm...come to think of it I didn't see Floyd winning that first fight with Maidana.

Murkaman:
      He would try to outMayweather, Mayweather. Its unfair to SRL, to compare him to an ATG from the future, when Floyd grew up studying everything SRL did wrong.

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
      Son, I'm SUGAR RAY LEONARD, while you was on your pampers getting your A$$ clean, I was fighting 15 rds with hall of famers Wilfred Benitez, Roberto Duran, Tommy Hearns, Marvin Hagler! Show some respect! don't just blurt sheet out to have an arguement. Facts are facts, when you start to try to change the facts especially when the truth is so obvious & right there for you to see...that's when you start losing credibility. I like some of your arguments, but don't lose your creditbility.

Murkaman:
      Look at how SRL used to imitate Ali and SRR. Imagine him growing up watching Floyd Jr.

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
      Stop it right there son! There is no imagining, That is your problem stop imagining. It's proposterious! Sugar Ray Leonard will never grow up watching floyd impossible stop imagining....

Murkaman:
      He would be the next Adrien Broner. Trying to shoulder roll. This is 100% exactly what would happen if he grew up watching Floyd.

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
      Now listen here...Didn't i just tell your hASS to stop that imagining Sheetz?
      Last edited by sugar ray lenrd; 01-25-2017, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
        Murkaman:
        That fight is a mismatch in favor of Floyd, simply because they are the same fighter.

Sugar Ray Lenrd:

Murkaman:
        Floyd is the pureboxer that SRL wants to be. But everything SRL does, Floyd is an expert at.

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
        Does Floyd jabs better that Leonard? Does floyd throws better combos? Does Floyd finishes his opponents when they're hurt? Does Floyd boxes better?

Murkaman:
        I see SRL trying to outbox Floyd, and everytime he gets countered he would stop in his place.

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
        Leonard is not your average speed boxer, he was a very excellent boxer with exceptional speed. So with that I don't see anyone of these 2 champions out boxing each other & it would be more difficult for Floyd to counter Leonard with that speed. AND HOW IN THE EFFING WORLD WILL HE BE ABLE TO STOP HIM IN HIS PLACE??? Floyd doesn't have pop on his punches where as Leonard did.

Murkman:
        His only way of winning is to come forward like a wild brawler, and he would never do that.

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
        Correct, Leonard would never come forward like a wild brawler! He would come like a smart brawler if he need to. See his fight with Duran where Leonard went toe to toe for 15 rds! Did you see what Maidana did with Floyd in the 1st fight. Duran has twice the skills of Maidana & has more power than him too. Hmmm...come to think of it I didn't see Floyd winning that first fight with Maidana.

Murkaman:

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
        Son, I'm SUGAR RAY LEONARD, while you was on your pampers getting your A$$ clean, I was fighting 15 rds with hall of famers Wilfred Benitez, Roberto Duran, Tommy Hearns, Marvin Hagler! Show some respect! don't just blurt sheet out to have an arguement. Facts are facts, when you start to try to change the facts especially when the truth is so obvious & right there for you to see...that's when you start losing credibility. I like some of your arguments, but don't lose your creditbility.

Murkaman:
        Look at how SRL used to imitate Ali and SRR. Imagine him growing up watching Floyd Jr.

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
        Stop it right there son! There is no imagining, That is your problem stop imagining. It's proposterious! Sugar Ray Leonard will never grow up watching floyd impossible stop imagining....

Murkaman:
        He would be the next Adrien Broner. Trying to shoulder roll. This is 100% exactly what would happen if he grew up watching Floyd.

Sugar Ray Lenrd:

if Sugar Ray Lenrd really happened to be the real SRL, that would make my day

Comment

• the fact that this thread has gone on for so long and actually got people calling for floyd just goes to show how stupid people on here are

Comment

Murkaman:

Sugar Ray Lenrd:

Murkaman:

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
            Does Floyd jabs better that Leonard? Does floyd throws better combos? Does Floyd finishes his opponents when they're hurt? Does Floyd boxes better?

Murkaman:

Sugar Ray Lenrd:

Murkman:

Sugar Ray Lenrd:

Murkaman:

Sugar Ray Lenrd:

Murkaman:

Sugar Ray Lenrd:

Murkaman:

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
            srl, could stick and move, with the best of them..and
            the part where he says, he sees srl trying to outbox Floyd, I'm saying, srl, at ww, was only outboxed by hearns, a longer, rangier guy. So, if fmj, who is giving up height and reach to srl, boxed with srl, he would get ate up staying on the outside,

Comment

Murkaman:

Sugar Ray Lenrd:

Murkaman:

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
              Does Floyd jabs better than Leonard? Does floyd throws better combos? Does Floyd finishes his opponents when they're hurt? Does Floyd boxes better?

Murkaman:

Sugar Ray Lenrd:

Murkman:

Sugar Ray Lenrd:

Murkaman:

Sugar Ray Lenrd:

Murkaman:

Sugar Ray Lenrd:

Murkaman:

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
              Hell yes, Floyd has a better jab than SRL. Boxes way better, and throws better combinations. I think your referring to the slapping combinations that he threw while shuffling. But that wouldnt land on Floyd anyways. He barely landed on Floyd Sr, and I look at that fight, and can see Jr putting on a show.

SRL and Floyd are IDENTICAL, with the exception of SRL being taller(like all of Floyd's opponents)
              And the exception of Floyd being WAAAY better, more natural, more instinctive, than anything SRL knew could exist.

SRL is multidimensional. Like Floyd. SRL fights in the pocket, like Floyd, but not as flawlessly.

SRL boxes midrange, like Floyd, but just not as good. Where Floyd completely outdoes SRL, is his temperment to move his head effortlessly and not get touched. SRL is very easy to hit. And unlike SRL, Floyd can fight off the ropes, and not get touched.

SRL is a faster version of Ward, and a less skilled version of Floyd.

SRL was a ww, facing other ww's, And had the power to hurt them, and finish them when hurt. Floyd is a 135lb fighter, facing WW's, and does not have power to even hurt opponents to where he could finish them.

I dont gad about how "excellent of a fighter" SRL is. SRL is an outdated version of Floyd, and this fight spells BLATANT MISMATCH.

80% of Floyd's opponents are 15lbs bigger than him. Some of them were half his age, as well as bigger. Floyd WALKED DOWN Canelo who was 22yrs old And 165lbs while Floyd was freaking 37yrs old and 150lbs.

He walked him down and didnt even get touched. What DF is SRL's tall skinny azz going to do? Lol He's not walking through any damn thing. In fact Im willing to throw the very same 37yr old Mayweather, who beat Canelo, in the ring with a YOUNG PRIME SRL, and he would get stopped.

Speed wouldnt play a key at all. Speed dont win fights. Its the skill difference, and SRL using basic boxing fundamentals, not being enough for Floyd. Easy fight.

And your right, SRL would never come like a wild brawler. This is the reason he would lose. He would be caught up in thinking too much. And trying to be a brawler, who is thinking on the fly, spells BLATANT Popshot Party In Favor Of Mayweather.

SRL went toe to toe with Duran, and LOST NICKAH LOL He never made an adjustment, to get the victory.
              Duran cant even speak english, yet he got in SRL's head. Imagine what Floyd would do. Floyd dont even need to get in his head though, because this is a stylistic mismatch.

When Floyd fought Marcos, this was the beginning of him AGING. Floyd has mismatched opponents IDENTICAL to Marcos, his entire career. Why wait until Floyd is washed up, and panting and gasping for air, while running around the ring, to use this as a measuring stick? Lol

Marcos was 165lbs, and in his prime, while Floyd was 148lbs and 37yrs old. Floyd exited his peek after the Canelo fight.

And btw, I think Marcos beat Floyd as well. And not only that, but SRL would NEVER fight like Marcos did. Like you said, he would be more tactical which would cause him a wipeout loss 12-0.

To be honest, the washed up Mayweather could run around the ring from SRL and get a boring, sloppy victory even on his worse day.

SRL may have faced plenty of legends, but Floyd is from his future. And thats a fact. Floyd is ten times the fighter he would ever be. Thats a fact. Place SRL at the same consistant weight disadvantage Floyd was his entire career, and SRL would get KILLED IN THE RING. While not only does Floyd win, he DISMANTLES men. I have never seen anything like it, EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                srl, could stick and move, with the best of them..and
                the part where he says, he sees srl trying to outbox Floyd, I'm saying, srl, at ww, was only outboxed by hearns, a longer, rangier guy. So, if fmj, who is giving up height and reach to srl, boxed with srl, he would get ate up staying on the outside,
                HAHAHAHA!!! SRL could NEVER IN HIS LIFE outbox the GREATEST PUREBOXER EVER.

Everyone Floyd has faced, has a height and reach advantage. We understand the misimformation on boxrec and tail of the tape that CLAIM Floyd is taller than everyone with longer arms. But its blatant absurdity. Floyd is half the size of everyone he has faced. And has short stubby arms in comparison.

In fact, Pac and JMM, are the ONLY opponents in recent times, who Floyd has towered over.

SRL is an outdated fighter. Its not fair to throw him in the ring with a guy from the future, who is WAAAY better, and grew up looking at all the flaws on SRL!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                  Sugar would have landed combination on Floyd..Bottom line..
                  He barely landed them on Floyd Sr bumazz. Not only that, but Pac imo has the greatest combinations in the business, and he didnt land anything. SRL is an outdated fighter. REMEMBER THAT.

Because its not fair to compare him to a guy from the future who grew up learning from his mistakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                    None of this comment replied to a SINGLE THING I said. And LOL @ "Floyd is famed for having long arms"

This isnt even true not even a little bit Lol

He doesnt have long arms. And maybe its your OPINION that his arms are long. But they arent even close to the length of his opponent's arms. Which was my point.

You up here looking silly af, I cant!! Lol
                    https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...act=mrc&uact=8

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                      He would try to outMayweather Mayweather? da f**k is you smoking. LMAO. Sugar Ray, was just as god gifted as Floyd. If he wanted to be a defensive minded fighter who sold fights with his mouth, but the fight itself was "sweet science," he was certainly capable of doing that, but Sugar Ray, who was the 80's cash cow, just didn't have to sell fights too much with braggadocio, because he was as entertaining as he was deadly in the ring.

and this is some of the funniest s**t I ever read.
                      Yes, nobody from THIS era landed combinations on Floyd, but if you think nobody from any era could land combinations on Floyd, you got some more homework to do because a prime srl, landed some of the most amazingly accurate combinations with power, @ ww, you ever wanted to see, yeah you saw the shuffle like ali, but you saw the shuffle when he landed a punch that stunned his opponent, then a 6 or 7 punch combination followed, that put fighters on their backs for the ten count, amateur to the pro ranks, well respected champs, including a prime, top ten atg ww in Tommy Hearns, who was outboxing Sugar all fight.

Not even talking prime, but how many natural welterweights has Floyd come close to knocking out just on sheer power? Ricky Hatton, was a natural junior ww, that Floyd ko'd with a good timed left hook, Sharmba? a natural junior ww that Floyd timed with a body shot. Ortiz? a unfocused, not too smart ww that Floyd needed two free shots to drop...

So what does that say? Floyd Mayweather Jr., would have nothing, absolutely nothing, to keep a killer like Ray Leonard, off of him. You do your homework right, and you'll see Sugar Ray threw combinations at 2X the speed than Floyd @ ww, even when Floyd was closer to his prime. Floyd never fought an offensive technician on the level of Sugar Man in his life. Furthermore, even if Floyd had some success, potshotting and outsmarting Sugar Ray, Sugar Ray, had Angelo Dundee in his corner, and do you think, or can you imagine, Angelo Dundee watching Floyd potshot Ray for 6 or 7 rounds and let the fight stay there, naw, he's gonna tell Ray he's blowing it, and Ray is gonna turn up the heat the same way he did to Hearns. Floyd's opponents, they are content with letting the fight go the way its going if they are losing. That has never been in Sugar Ray's, d n a., and it would be another case of the great big man, beating the great little man, cause you Floyd boys love to say, he's a small welterweight.

Floyd, is a great fighter, no question, but you Floyd boys have a way of overexaggerating s**t that is above and beyond.
                      Neckro, WTF are YOU smoking? Lol SRL is NOT AS GOD GIFTED AS FLOYD!!!

If Floyd had the size and power of SRL, he would humiliate Duran, and Hearns, and KO'd them both.

Dont say no mess like that fam, this is an outdated fighter being compared to a guy from the future.

And Floyd is NOT a natural ww himself. He is a 135lbs fighter, who got older, aged, and HUMILIATED men half his age and 15lbs bigger dude.

Floyd WALKING DOWN men twice his size, and not getting touched. Boy wtf is SRL's tall skinny azz going to do? Lol The 2013 Floyd who walked down Jumbo Canelo without getting touched, would TKO a PRIME SRL using the style he used to use he would try to outbox Floyd as well, but not have the body mass to endure the punishment.

And LOL @ "Offensive tactician" Thats his problem "tactician" He aint finna get a victory being tactical with Floyd.

Not only that, but they are the same. They like to capitalize on every mistake you make. Anytime you make a mistake, you get hit by Floyd. If your waiting too much, he will lead, or if your open he will lead.

If you attack, he will counter. He just does it all, without getting grazed. This fight is ONE SIDED.

And Idgaf if he got Angelo Dundee or Mya Angelou. This is an outdated fighter, and no one is going to take Ray out of his habits. No one can fight for him dude. SRL just has to get in their and deal with what he has in front of him

Just like Floyd's other opponents, but even WORSE, he will absolutely be CONTENT with letting the fight go the way its going. Because he is OUTDATED, and he wouldnt be used to a fighter of this caliber. He would flatout go in the ring, and get popped everytime he makes a move. Even when he sits and thinks too long he will get popped.

And like Floyd's other opponents, in the later rounds, he will get mad, and come forward. Then Floyd will popshot him on the backfoot. Smiling, laughing, just having fun. Vintage Floyd performance.

And another thing too. Personalities of the fighters. SRL is emotional. He's mentally weak and dramatic "This is the fight of my life"

While Floyd is just like "Its just another opponent"

I can see SRL being frustrated and angry in the ring, which will allow Floyd to put on an obvious show.

This is NOT a case of "Great big man, beating a great little man"

No way buddy Lol This is "Great big man from the 80's, dealing with a great little man from the future"

Even Pac would starch his azz and he is smaller as well. They wouldnt be too small for SRL. They would actually be the smaller, quicker guy against SRL. And simply tazmanian all around SRL. If SRL fought in this era, and he had a different name like Bobby Smith, its NO WAY you would favorite someone like that to beat Floyd.

You just saying all of this trash because yall like to lie about the throwback fighters. Not on my watch!

Comment

Working...
                      X