No announcement yet.

Canelo vs. GGG one of the best fights in a long time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    for me it was probably a 7/8. The tension was intense, as I was expecting someone to hit the floor at any moment. I was a bit disappointed in BOTH fighters (GGG for lack of accuracy and lack of body work, and Canelo for only fighting 45 seconds of each round), and honestly expected a bit more from each fighter. But that actually is a testament to the quality and competitiveness of the matchup, as neither guy could really just run roughshod over the other.......
    is refreshing to see unbiased comments from a ggg fan, i guess from both sides tbh...

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      Canelo being a middleweight is going to heat things up for sure. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hurd go to 160 soon, too.
      Dude, all them fools coming to 160 once GGG leaves to 168. Who doesnt want a shot at Alvarez..

160 about to heat up! for me, I want to see Lara vs Alvarez II!! We probably wont see Spence at 160 until 2019

Comment

I guess I was more invested in this fight, felt to me a lot more entertaining than people feel it was.

Comment

I prefer AJ-Klitschko

But no complaints about a matchup between two top 10 p4pers having a very good fight like this one

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            All three are middleweights though. Canelo has been.
            Golovkin didn't land 74 more jabs than Jacobs. Most of his jabs was in one round, the best round for Golovkin. Other than they were close round by round. Compubox was unusually/usual biased for the HBO fighter.

Comment

This was a slightly above average fight in my opinion. Neither one brought their best in the ring. Canelo gassed more and faster than usual. Golovkin missed a lot and forgot how to go to the body. If this was a movie you would clearly see they were setting up for a sequel.

Comment

Idk about in a long time but I give it a 10/10 near classic fight!

It showed everything!

The vulnerabilities of both guys and even some of the best of both worlds(more so Canelo)!

The tension was beyond thick, nearly everyone was excepting GGG to send Canelo on his face at some point in the first 4 rounds of the fight!

We saw GGG's chin, durability, stamina, determination and even showed some nice defense here and there seldomly!.

We saw Canelo took his game to another level!

We saw Canelo's focus, chin, skills, footwork(who would knew that would be what helped Canelo outbox GGG), accuracy(economic wise), speed, body work and counter punching skills!

Favorite parts of the fight was when GGG attempted to bully Canelo in the middle of ring and Canelo landed a hard body shot and GGG immediately clinched!

Another was when GGG landed that overhand right and it pushed Canelo into the ropes and Canelo just shook his head "nothing" without even wobbling (he needs to do more of those overhands)!

Comment

Good fight, but definitely no fight of the year or anything.

Comment

Great fight Canelo looked impressive until he was tired but GGG didn't impress as much or didn't live up to his hype
                    8/10

Comment

Working...
                    X