Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: Joshua Will Never Fight Me - He is a Big P*ssy ****house!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
    No, actually you do not. If these offers were made (if) no boxer in their right mind would accept those terms. Especially when we are talking potential 100 million+ mega fight. Use your intelligence before responding and read below. Champions fighting champions get paid a champion’s purse. Not some fan boi fantasy.

Frazier and Muhammad Ali
    each earned $2.5 million for their heavyweight title fight.

—Heavyweight champion George Foreman earns $5 million and the former champion Ali earns $5.45 million for The Rumble in the Jungle.
    —Holmes and Cooney made 10 million a piece for their fight.
    —Tyson was paid 30 million and Holyfield 35.
    —Mayweather 250 million and Pacquiao 160
    —Canelo vs GGG was a 55/45 split
    —Wilder 14 million and Fury 10
    —Lewis 17.5 million and Tyson 17.5 million
    —Haye vs Klitschko 50/50 split

I could go on and on and on. Notice the trend here? That’s right I know you see it. Prizefights typically are and have been equitable for both fighters. Some on this list brought much more than the other. The bottom line is, I don’t care who is A,B,C,D fighter. When fighting for a belt that is going to generate potentially a million + ppv buys you make the split equitable and not 10-20 million flat pay s h ! t.
    Cherrypicking examples isn't a good way to make a point.

Leonard $9m Duran $1.5m
    Leonard $11m Hearns $5.1m
    De La Hoya $12m Julio Cesar Chavez $6m
    De La Hoya $21m Trinidad $8.5m
    De La Hoya $52m Mayweather $25m

This parity is a bunch of nonsense and there is no historical precedent.

Comment

No, actually you do not. If these offers were made (if) no boxer in their right mind would accept those terms. Especially when we are talking potential 100 million+ mega fight. Use your intelligence before responding and read below. Champions fighting champions get paid a champion’s purse. Not some fan boi fantasy.

Frazier and Muhammad Ali
      each earned $2.5 million for their heavyweight title fight.

—Heavyweight champion George Foreman earns $5 million and the former champion Ali earns $5.45 million for The Rumble in the Jungle.
      —Holmes and Cooney made 10 million a piece for their fight.
      —Tyson was paid 30 million and Holyfield 35.
      —Mayweather 250 million and Pacquiao 160
      —Canelo vs GGG was a 55/45 split
      —Wilder 14 million and Fury 10
      —Lewis 17.5 million and Tyson 17.5 million
      —Haye vs Klitschko 50/50 split

I could go on and on and on. Notice the trend here? That’s right I know you see it. Prizefights typically are and have been equitable for both fighters. Some on this list brought much more than the other. The bottom line is, I don’t care who is A,B,C,D fighter. When fighting for a belt that is going to generate potentially a million + ppv buys you make the split equitable and not 10-20 million flat pay s h ! t.
      Ok so what split do you suggest (I notice you used the 2nd GGG vs Canelo fight sneaky).

From what we've heard 55:45 seems easily achievable and is backed by your figures, there was even a suggestion it might be 50;50 if they would talk about it.

Honestly I think the split has nothing to do with it, next demands will be it has to be Showtime ppv regardless of revenue generated etc,

Until the PBC is sold to Endeavour there is no chance of the fight, once that happens Dana has made it clear he doesn't respect the belts and he'll probably want a locked in deal for Joshua which will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by xxlefthookxx View Post
        You speak the truth. He also conveniently ignored Wilder $10M, Breazeale $1.2M. Where is the parity there? How about Ward $850K, Brand $30 (thirty)K. When Wilder draws more than ignorant trolls to message boards, he deserves a higher percentage of the purse.
        Conveniently ignored? You did take notice of that list right? I know connecting dots may be lost on some (part of the actual IQ test) but that list is comprised of champ vs champ or champ vs former champ. I didn’t think I needed to spell that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
          Cherrypicking examples isn't a good way to make a point.

Leonard $9m Duran $1.5m
          Leonard $11m Hearns $5.1m
          De La Hoya $12m Julio Cesar Chavez $6m
          De La Hoya $21m Trinidad $8.5m
          De La Hoya $52m Mayweather $25m

This parity is a bunch of nonsense and there is no historical precedent.
          You have a fine way of utilizing the English vernacular. “Cherry picking?” Do you think I went through the entire history of mega fights? While I did include 2 non HW mega fight in my list the vast majority of HW mega fights where both are champions or former vs current have been for the most part equitable.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
            Ok so what split do you suggest (I notice you used the 2nd GGG vs Canelo fight sneaky).

From what we've heard 55:45 seems easily achievable and is backed by your figures, there was even a suggestion it might be 50;50 if they would talk about it.

Honestly I think the split has nothing to do with it, next demands will be it has to be Showtime ppv regardless of revenue generated etc,

Until the PBC is sold to Endeavour there is no chance of the fight, once that happens Dana has made it clear he doesn't respect the belts and he'll probably want a locked in deal for Joshua which will never happen.
            I believe 60/40, 55/45 to be equitable. But you are most correct it goes far beyond just these two boxers. Promoters, purse bid, DAZN or Showtime. These things are generally the roadblocks to making a fight; not the boxers themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by xxlefthookxx View Post
              You speak the truth. He also conveniently ignored Wilder $10M, Breazeale $1.2M. Where is the parity there? How about Ward $850K, Brand $30 (thirty)K. When Wilder draws more than ignorant trolls to message boards, he deserves a higher percentage of the purse.
              He wasn't talking about ALL title fights and especially not mandatory fights against low-profile guys. His point was that the true marquee superfights (where both guys are major stars) have generally had pretty even purse splits. Anybody at this point in the game who thinks that AJ v Joshua is going to be anything but a 50/50 split is just silly. Wilder, despite his flaws, is the most electric fighter in the sport right now and his personality will make him a much bigger star than AJ. He's taking a fair risk rematching Ortiz, but everybody knows that is going to be a barnburner fight for as long as it lasts. If Wilder wins, it will be via another highlight reel KO that the entire world will see. Wilder is must-see TV. His KO's are all over Youtube and social media. Nobody rewatches Anthony Joshua fights.
              Last edited by NachoMan; 05-30-2019, 10:20 AM.

Comment

You have a fine way of utilizing the English vernacular. “Cherry picking?” Do you think I went through the entire history of mega fights? While I did include 2 non HW mega fight in my list the vast majority of HW mega fights where both are champions or former vs current have been for the most part equitable.
                Holyfield $20m Lewis $10m
                Holyfield $30 Tyson $15m
                Holyfield $20m Foreman $12.5m

Comment

Originally posted by Buggy bear View Post
                  Not even funny anymore , after his embarrassing desperate talk and his **** fight coming up he'll be run outta town .. no doubt he's trying to talk his limited rhetoric into large viewing figures so he can command a larger share of the Joshua pie but guess what .. your not intelligent enough , charismatic enough and certainly not exciting enough to put bums on seats ..
                  Look, Fury is boring as heck in the ring sometimes, but to say he isn't intelligent enough, or not charismatic enough is just AJ fanboy BS, Fury might best the smartest and most charismatic of the lot

Comment

Originally posted by Clubber Pac View Post
                    Look, Fury is boring as heck in the ring sometimes, but to say he isn't intelligent enough, or not charismatic enough is just AJ fanboy BS, Fury might best the smartest and most charismatic of the lot
                    Idk, he's charismatic and witty in small doses. The problem is that he just keeps on and on and his childish stupidity invariably gets exposed again. Someone needs to cut him off after about five minutes. If not, he just goes on saying dumb ****, calling everybody a 'dosser' (whatever the hell that is) and a '****house' while declaring his greatness and his supremacy as the so-called Lineal HW Champ of the World (a bogus title). I like Fury, but he does prove to be quite the boor when he's allowed to rant.

Comment

I had a lot of respect for Tyson Fury because he did something that Anthony Joshua wouldn't dare to do and that was to climb into that ring with Deontay Wilder. Now I am not sure if we will ever see that rematch with Wilder again.

Tyson seems to be content with whatever ESPN is selling him. He just ruled out a Final elimination bout with Dillian Whyte as well. In addition, he doesn't want to fight Anthony Joshua either. So I don't know what his plans are for the future because he doesn't know himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X