Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has nobody made a legit movie of Genghis Khan yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan / mongols is the reason why the Chinese made the great wall. Khan's empire reached Turkey at one point.
    I have some friends who are from Kazakhstan, they say they are decedents from Mongolians.

Maybe that is why GGG is such a beast.
    Last edited by piojo del norte; 04-29-2016, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      My history professor says how can Alexander be The Great, when Ghengis Khan killed and conquered more than him? He says the textbooks leave out a lot of stuff about real history, it gets him real pissed lol. He worked at CNN too.
      That's because killing and conquering is all he did, and in the end what contributions did his empire leave for the world? Did he build any great cities, did his empire invent anything of significance?

Regardless, I'd love to see a big budget movie about this guy, for their time the Mongols were outstanding warriors.
      Last edited by Enayze; 04-29-2016, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
        it's been a while since i've read this stuff but from what i remember genghis khan's sole mission in the Middle East was to wipe out the khwarezmid empire, he and the original mongols didn't have any issues with anyone else there. on the contrary, nestorian christians were valued in his empire and his grandson kublai's yuan dynasty. the illkhanate horde converted to islam however and that's where ****, naturally, got sour. timurlane, who was also a muslim conquerer associated with the mongols arguably did the most damage there.
        Yes it was mostly because of Timur. He was part of the Mongols, what can I say. They ran a freight train over us and we never recovered, it set us up for countless genocides by muzzlims in the upcoming centuries.

And as much as I hate islam, they had decent periods as well where science and literature was thriving. The Mongols completely destroyed that as well like the infamous destruction of Baghdad in 1258:
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_...ge_of_the_city

The Mongols didn't just conquer they completely wiped out amazing civilizations as well. Humanity lost out on all the burned books and libraries because of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
          That's because killing and conquering is all he did, and in the end what contributions did his empire leave for the world? Did he build any great cities, did his empire invent anything of significance?
          Spawning hybrids like Turks and Chechens, causing places like Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and we can't forget how thriving modern Mongolia itself is

Comment

Genghis Khan killed the Muslims for disrespecting him, he sent messengers to speak to them and they killed his mongol messengers and laughed, late at night Khan sent his warriors at night to kill these muslims, and learning how Muslims treated women, to really insult the muslims Genghis sent Mongol women to kill these muslims and humiliate them

Comment

Because as soon as it gets cast people will cry about white washing and why someone like Idris Elba wasn't cast

Comment

damn, i did not know that. That's just ruthless there.

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                Genghis Khan killed the Muslims for disrespecting him, he sent messengers to speak to them and they killed his mongol messengers and laughed, late at night Khan sent his warriors at night to kill these muslims, and learning how Muslims treated women, to really insult the muslims Genghis sent Mongol women to kill these muslims and humiliate them

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                  They haven't found a white guy who looks enough like Genghis Khan to play his role yet.
                  John Wayne played Genghis Khan (Temujin) in The Conqueror 1956. He worst movie.

Brian Dennehy portrayed Kublai Khan in the 2007 TV flick Marco Polo.

Comment

Why do we need another Genghis Khan movie when we've already got this definitive and authentic classic?

Comment

Yes, the Mongols obliterated the Muslims. Sacked and destroyed Baghdad when that city was the capital of the caliphate at the height of Muslim power. It was a critical time in world history, as the Muslims were on top of the world at the time. The remaining Muslim holdings in Spain were disconnected from the caliphate and so eventually were defeated by the Spanish Christians.

Comment

Working...
                      X