Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help, my TITLE heavy bag stand , the bag keeps falling! (need to replace nut/bolt)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help, my TITLE heavy bag stand , the bag keeps falling! (need to replace nut/bolt)

Hello men,

I have purchased and setup the "TITLE Heavy Bag & Speed Bag Stand"
    amazon dot com/dp/B002MFITT0/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item

It's a little rickety but for the price it's a good deal. I have it weighted down with 200#+ of iron and bumper plates too (put iron plates where you are "supposed to", and then put bumper plates in the middle of the stand)

It's lasted 8 weeks (probably 20 or so total bag workouts?), so far the only that's broken is the nut and bolt that that heavy bag chains actually hang from.

s17.postimg dot org/fsmenubj3/bolt.jpg

Actually it doesn't "break" but the nut now comes loose every 50 punches and the bag falls.

If I want to replace this with something more substaintial / reliable, what would you recommend? A different kind of nut and bolt setup (maybe with washers?)? I know they take a lot of stress/impact due to the punches ( I weigh 205 and have a 70 heavy bag)

Any help is appreciated!!

Hang it from the ceiling. Thats your best bet. Personally i cant stand "stands".
    Granted you have low ceilings.

Comment

Put a second nut over the first one and tighten it ul against the first should hold well.

Comment

A lock washer should do the trick

You can also go with liquid locking compounds such as loctite, but I'd recommend trying just the lock washer first.

Comment

I have this stand...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...sL._SY300_.jpg

Century products suck in general, but this is the only heavy bag stand worth anything IMO...you need a big room though. I have mine in my garage. Because it's shape, it doesn't even obstruct parking in the garage.

Comment

Working...
          X