Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im just starting boxing. Can you guys give me some tips on a few things?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im just starting boxing. Can you guys give me some tips on a few things?

Ok, im 22 year old right. 5'11 236 lbs. How much cals you guys think i should eat to be healthy but lose wieght and what you guys think should be my diet like for break lunch supper ect.

any other tips you guys got me.

I thought you were starting Japanese Jiu-Jitsu or some ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
      Ok, im 22 year old right. 5'11 236 lbs. How much cals you guys think i should eat to be healthy but lose wieght and what you guys think should be my diet like for break lunch supper ect.

If Pac is eating 8000 calories a day being 5' 6" 150, I think a guy with your frame and low metabolism can handle half of Pac's calories. Of course you have to train about as hard as he does, considering you're fat and you have low metabolism.
      Last edited by blaze778; 08-19-2010, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post

Ok, you I can answer, I feel I'm pretty up on nutrition, its the boxing questions I have no business answering (thats what I come here to learn). I do not mean to offend in any way at all - but how do you get fat at so young? I'm 5'10" 175lbs. and I got a little bit of a belly, and I'm exactly 10 years older than you. Trust me, its good you're starting now, it gets harder as you age. 4000 calories is also way too much - do you really think you can work as hard as Pac to burn all the fuel? Very few people on the planet can. You'll probably want to do around 2500.

Eat more than just the standard breakfast/lunch/dinner but smaller meals - this keeps your metabolism constantly running. I eat eggs every morning, then by 10-1030 when I'm at work I'm hungry again so I eat some nuts or granola or something like that. I eat lunch anywhere between 12-2pm, usually just a sandwich or something similar sized, then later between 3-5 I'll eat an apple, or some other kind of healthy snack. Then dinner at home with the wife, could be just about anything, then later at night between 8-10 I'll eat something again.

Foods like these are your friends:

-Oatmeal
        -Peanut Butter (Only the natural stuff, who cares what it looks like, the "regular" stuff has hydronated fat oils and added sugar and syrups)
        -Eggs
        -Green Tea
        -Lean Meats (No, that 1 lb. burger with cheese & extra mayo doesn't count)
        -Vegetables of all and every kinds (Try eating some raw broccoli when you wake up, you'll literally feel better immediately because you're putting a ridiculously nutritious food in your body first thing)
        -Whole Grains (If you like pizza and pasta, like I do, try whole grain. Penne whole grain pasta is the most palpable, imo)

Anything else is crap, dump it. Candy bars, "energy" drinks, fried anything, crazy high sugar foods (which is in so much stuff, you always have to read ingredients) all crap. Do not delude yourself. Or if you continue to eat stuff like that, stop wondering why you can't lose any weight, because those foods are the reason why. Basically never go to resturants like Chili's - its all crap, high calories and low nutrition in everything, even stuff they try to pass off as healthy.

Lay off the sauce. Don't know if you're a drinker or not, but that always adds pounds. If you do like to drink, try just having 1 beer with dinner and leave it at that.

One other thing I'd say: Stop caring what stuff tastes like. Vegetables for example, not very tasty, who cares. If you ever feel fatigued/crappy pop a bag of veggies in the microwave and eat the whole thing, you'll see what I mean, you'll literally feel better immediately.

Good luck, we're all human - I definitely don't adhere to this all the time.

Comment

Working...
        X