Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Spence-Garcia, Charlos, Pacquiao, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    You obviously don't knock people out at the same rate that you could when you were younger.

But of all the traits that an older fighter loses power seems to be the one that diminishes the least and stays around the longest.

Just ask George Foreman.

This is a boxing truism in my opinion. Not a myth.

that is what roadblock just said

totally agree

that is what the saying means, it has nothing to do with knockouts dropping off... which relates to the whole package, not just power

Comment

Originally posted by 1Eriugenus View Post
      I wouldn't say to anyone STFU if you're just giving your views as you see them, on boxing.

I would say Ali on heart because he dragged himself through the 3rd fight with Frazier when he looked down & out. He went up against both Liston & Foreman when they were the scariest men in the world & won. Against Foreman he took head & body shots that should've killed him, shook his head, kept going.
      When waaaaay past his best he allowed himself to be dragged into fights with beasts like Norton, Shavers & Lyle & went into the trenches & won. He did himself horrible damage doing that but he was the man that couldn't/wouldn't back down.

He defined himself as a fighter for justice & because of that he was willing to go right to th edge every fight.

So, yes, Ali for heart every time
      Damn that is heart! And I just looked and he was a huge underdog to beat Foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        Why does everyone have Ali as heart??? I mean he's way before my time but a HW fighting other HW's??? And he has Supreme skills???

To me this would go to guys with inferior skills/size that won't quit. Guys willing to die in that ring.

Ali just doesn't seem like that guy?? Again I've never seen any of his fights so maybe I should STFU...
        His first reign was about speed and skills. Post 1970, Ali had the balls to fight every last stone cold killer in the division, relying on his guts and chin. Believe me, people thought Foreman was going to kill him in the ring. This was a man willing to die to win. Treat yourself to the Thrilla from Manila sometime. Diminished Ali and Frazier battling through hell.

Comment

I'm so old I remember the excitement of watching it! I was 8. Foreman was 7/2 favourite. He was younger, bigger, stronger & his record going in was far more impressive. He'd KO'd in 2 the man, Frazier, that Ali had gone life & death with twice. No-one, I mean no-one was giving the man a chance.

I can also remember the reaction in the playground after the fight in Bristol, UK. 'Muhammad, Muhammad Ali, he dance like a butterfly, sting like a bee, Muhammad, the black superman, he says to the other guys I'm Ali, catch me if you can'. Every boy, white english, West Indian, Pakistani or Cypriot wanted to be him!

Comment

Dude. It’s MARVELOUS Marvin Hagler.

Official name!

“Sugar” Ray Leonard.

NOT official name.

Can Hagler ever get his just due?

Comment

Maibag see shorter nowadays. He got both Charlos by late KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                Why does everyone have Ali as heart??? I mean he's way before my time but a HW fighting other HW's??? And he has Supreme skills???

To me this would go to guys with inferior skills/size that won't quit. Guys willing to die in that ring.

Ali just doesn't seem like that guy?? Again I've never seen any of his fights so maybe I should STFU...
                Because Ali had no quit and was life and death a few times, unreal chin along with it.

Comment

Great mail bag Bread. The air will be charged with electricity for Spence vs Garcia.

With the impact of the accident a question and Danny being the most powerful fighter he has faced, anything could happen. Will be a great night for boxing either way.

Comment

Working...
                  X