Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Iceman John Scully Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many boxing onsiders feel strongly that a New York based company owned by talk show host Jerry Spinger controls the majority of the sanctioning bodies, cable companies (HBO, SHOWTIME), and promoters. Its a crazy world, man. Jerry isnt what he appears to be

Comment

• Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
      Many boxing onsiders feel strongly that a New York based company owned by talk show host Jerry Spinger controls the majority of the sanctioning bodies, cable companies (HBO, SHOWTIME), and promoters. Its a crazy world, man. Jerry isnt what he appears to be
      so i guess the fix is in eh.

Comment

• Jerry is what many accuse Don King of being...it's a sham...they are after DK, but, man, it's JERRY that's behind it. Old news in the boxing game

Comment

• Iceman, what is the best/hardest punch you ever threw?

Comment

• Ice,

What do you think of fighters that deliberately throw below the belt?

i.e., Felix Trinidad in his fight with Vargas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              Iceman, what is the best/hardest punch you ever threw?
              1987 National PAL finals, Jacksonville, Florida... 165 open...vs. top ten ranked Kertis Mingo...right hand that, as Julian Jackson used to say, "felt like my arm went straight through him, like I didnt feel a thing but there he was down on the floor." Almost every time I talk to Lou Savarese (he won at super heavy the same night) he remind sme of that punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by RIZONATOR View Post
                Ice,

What do you think of fighters that deliberately throw below the belt?

i.e., Felix Trinidad in his fight with Vargas.
                Well, it's like a jungle in there sometimes...you feel as though your life is on the line, sometimes imminently....you do what you feel you have to do at that moment...it worked out for Tito

Comment

• hi John.If you were in Hattons shoes this weekend.What would be your gameplan?

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.crust View Post
                    hi John.If you were in Hattons shoes this weekend.What would be your gameplan?
                    Sorry, my man, I was away for a few days (fight in North Dakota)....I suppose whatever he did on Saturday was the right plan ( I missed the fight)

Comment

• Hey John

Who do you think is the best promotional company in boxing right now??

Do you think the sport will be better off when Arum and King retire/die??

Comment

Working...
                      X