Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Youw 40+ year old guys How good was the shooting game Contra back in your day?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youw 40+ year old guys How good was the shooting game Contra back in your day?

From what I've heard it's one of the best games in your Era, and I played in myself when I was 9 years old.

It was probably one of the first shooter games of its time.

I spent my share of time in arcades as a teenager. I played it a few times and that was it. It wasn't the type of game I liked. There was usually dudes playing it though. It was a pretty popular game.

Comment

What? I just turned 26 and played that game all the time on Nintendo. I loved that game

Comment

Up, up, down, down, left, right, a, b, b, a, select, start

Something along those lines

Comment

I grew up playing that game.

I'm surprised that a lot of younger people really like that game as well. The old classics will never go away.

Comment

it was a decent game, not my favorite shooter though. my favorite arcade shooter was a 1930's gangster game that was supposed to be in al capone's chicago, i can't remember what it was called. Polybius was pretty advanced for its time

Comment

half of my allowance would go to that game...many a quarters were spent killing that final boss alien

Comment

quick story about contra ... my brother and i are playing, i shoot the box to get the goody that floats up, and my bro takes it, he perpetually did this and it created fights before so i stole off on him and he stole off on me and my old man walks in and just casually threw the nintendo out of the window-didn't say a word. i'm 37 and still remember that day like yesterday. life felt like it was over at the point

Comment

Contra on NES was one of the most played games by me back around 88-89. Man that really takes me back.

Double dragon, Zanac , Gradius, Castlevania, Megaman, and Contra i will never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                    Up, up, down, down, left, right, a, b, b, a, select, start

Something along those lines
                    Yep Good memory lol

Comment

Working...
                    X