Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Duran's win over SRL the greatest single victory in the history of boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Duran's win over SRL the greatest single victory in the history of boxing?

Just rewatched the fight.

I can't think of any win that would be more impressive than Duran beating a future ATG and probably one of the best fighters to ever lace em up.

IMO only Ali's win over Foreman comes close.

What do you guys think?

Not even close!!!

Leonard was the number 1 welter and Duran was the number 1 lightweight.
    It was a close match with Duran out "fighting" Leonard and both showed their best!

There are many fights with underdogs winning over great champions that are more historical.
    Ray.

Comment

Definitely up there.

Amazing performance and victory.

Comment

Moving up and beating a top 20 ATG is extremely impressive. Definitely up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          Not even close!!!

Leonard was the number 1 welter and Duran was the number 1 lightweight.
          It was a close match with Duran out "fighting" Leonard and both showed their best!
          Yeah, exactly. Duran beat a guy who was 2 weight classes above him, Olympic golden medalist and ,like I said, probably one of the best p4p fighters ever. So what it was a close match? A win is a win

There are many fights with underdogs winning over great champions that are more historical.
          Ray.
          Like what ? Douglas beating Tyson?

Comment

Originally posted by MrTambourineMan View Post
            Moving up and beating a top 20 ATG is extremely impressive. Definitely up there.
            thats not what he asked............he asked was it the single greatest win ever? and the answer to that is not even close. also the fight within it's self was razor close.

the "greatest win ever" is beyond ridiculous.........

Comment

It's up there.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                thats not what he asked............he asked was it the single greatest win ever? and the answer to that is not even close. also the fight within it's self was razor close.

the "greatest win ever" is beyond ridiculous.........
                I asked if Duran's win was the greatest no the most dominant.

And please name more impressive victories

Comment

Great win, but not decisive enough to call it the greatest win ever.

If Duran went out there and beat the **** out or SRL and stopped him, it would be an easy yes.

Comment

Frazier beating Ali is better in my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                    X