No announcement yet.

The most feared men in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
    If they can catch him I guess, LSC isn't a big puncher but he is a pretty big guy so maybe...
    Frampton is a big puncher and as If Quigg so who knows but it requires some luck I think I'd favour Framptons chances more.
    Somewhat like Walters likely beats Rigo based on size, reach, height, etc.

Not based on actual boxing ability. That is what sucks about boxing: guys who have to move up often ran into physical overmatches, only to be then called overhyped.

Comment

Nobody is "feared." It's either you generate sales or you don't. If you're good and you don't, no one will bother to fight you. Soon as you gain popularity, they will. It's simple.

Comment

I'd say Rigo and Golovkin are the most avoided. You can make a case that Rigo could've had Loma and GGG could've had Ward but if you're just looking at how many people avoided them then all of 160 avoided Golovkin for several years, all the belt holders and several so-called contenders, plus Chavez and Froch turned him down. Rigo also has had all of SBW frozen in fear since he beat Donaire. Quigg even won the paper version of Rigo's belt but pretends he doesn't exist and LSC comments about wanting to fight Rigo 'after 3 more interim bouts' was embarrassing, like a scared kid at school trying to claim the dog ate his homework. You could almost visualise the piss running down LSC's leg when hearing that Rigo called him out.

It's difficult to say for some of the rest though. To me Walters is the best fighter at 126 and I'd pick him against Loma, Russell Jr, LSC, Mares, Selby etc. But given the promotional divide I can't blame those guys for not facing him. Loma is the exception to that and he should've pushed for that fight if he wants to be seen as the best in the division. If Walters doesn't make 126 for his next fight then all the above is meaningless as none of them should have to go to SFW to prove they're the best FW.

Kovalev was ducked by Stevenson but he got the Cleverly, Hopkins and Pascal fights and those guys all could've turned him down so he's only been avoided by one guy I can think of. Fury and Wilder aren't avoided, both played it safe many times in the past. Fury isn't being avoided by Wlad, the fight is just postponed and will be next for both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi Rudyo! View Post
          Oscar De La Hoya, Bob Arum and Al Haymon.
          These are the priicks every fighter should be afraid of

Comment

Working...
          X