No announcement yet.

Advice on Hand injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Hand injury

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on nerve and ligament damage and how to help/prevent the pain. I had an operation a year ago on my hand and it's never been right since every time a bit of impact is on it, I have to stop training as the pain is very bad. I'm guessing it's nerve or ligament damage, does anyone have any advice.
    Thanks.

Nerve/ligament damage sounds pretty heavy. That seems like the kind of thing where a doctor/physical therapist should advise whether or not hitting the bag or mitts is something you should even be doing.

Comment

Originally posted by 8timechamp View Post
      Just wondering if anyone has any advice on nerve and ligament damage and how to help/prevent the pain. I had an operation a year ago on my hand and it's never been right since every time a bit of impact is on it, I have to stop training as the pain is very bad. I'm guessing it's nerve or ligament damage, does anyone have any advice.
      Thanks.
      How much time were you advised to stay away from placing pressure on the area or impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
        Nerve/ligament damage sounds pretty heavy. That seems like the kind of thing where a doctor/physical therapist should advise whether or not hitting the bag or mitts is something you should even be doing.
        This. If your hands injured why keep on applying torment to it

Comment

Thanks.
          1. What type of operation did you have?
          2. Did your orthopedic surgeon specialize in sports medicine?

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
            1. What type of operation did you have?
            2. Did your orthopedic surgeon specialize in sports medicine?
            Perfect questions that need to be answered here to present clear direction on the matter.

Comment

Wheneever people have pain they always jump to the worst conclusion and assume its nerve damage lol. No pins and needles, no numbness, no sharp electrical pain and it's probably not that . The hand is really an area where you need scans because there's so many small ligaments and tendons it could be anything.

Comment

Thanks.
                Happened to me, I had to go physiotherapy a few times, did loads of hand exercises and stopped weights etc for a few months .... took time to heal!

Comment

I got shots in my hands and usually special heating gloves for a week or so.

Comment

Working...
                  X