• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Good Are You At Press Up's?

???
    ???
    ???

What on earth are you smoking?

How good am I? I dont get that question much, but I do sets of 50 at a time... normally 200 a day, different ones (hands wide, diamonds, claps..)

Some boxers do soooo many more, I once heard Vic Darchinyan does 1,500 a day. (I doubt all at once lol!!) more likely sets of 200 every hour or something.

How good are you?

Comment

bad man, real bad. i cajn only do 30 in one go. but much less if i have been running and ****. just found out i can do those ones whith your hands near your waist so im gunna start with them.

Comment

I'm so good that no one even believes how good I am. I think I could do them competitively...Maybe it has to do something with the fact that I've been doing them since I was 15 on regular basis without ever taking a break.

If you make me drop right now I can easily do 200 in one set.

When I wanted to get big in school and didnt have money for the gym all I used to do was pushups. Sets of 100x10, two or three times a day. So that's 2000-3000 push ups a day. Id do a 100, take a 2-3min break. When I reach 500 Id take 15min off, then continue with 2-3min breaks.

I stopped doing that though since I just go to the gym now. But on my off days I still do 100x6.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
          I'm so good that no one even believes how good I am. I think I could do them competitively...Maybe it has to do something with the fact that I've been doing them since I was 15 on regular basis without ever taking a break.

When I wanted to get big in school and didnt have money for the gym all I used to do was pushups. Sets of 100x10, two or three times a day. So that's 2000-3000 push ups a day. Id do a 100, take a 2-3min break. When I reach 500 Id take 15min off, then continue with 2-3min breaks.

I stopped doing that though since I just go to the gym now. But on my off days I still do 100x6.
          Geeze, thanks - you just made me feel like a total wimp, lol. I try to do a 100 during the day at the office and I thought I was Mr. Bigman for just doing that!

Comment

Originally posted by Aperion View Post
            Geeze, thanks - you just made me feel like a total wimp, lol. I try to do a 100 during the day at the office and I thought I was Mr. Bigman for just doing that!
            Most people can't do 100. But yea, push ups is that odd thing that I am very very good at.

On the other hand I can't run for my life. If you were to tell me to run around the block right now, I would have to stop at least once to get some air. Its damn embarrassing...really need to work on that.

Comment

sometimes i can do 15 in a row without effort but i have real trouble afterwards its so hard to go down and up

Comment

Wow thats impressive. I've really started doing them now. Am doing around 100 to 110 press up's a day. Doing 10 to 20 in one set.

You think if i keep doing them I will improve and be able to get more & more out in one go?

And is true they also improve abs aswell as shoulders & biceps?

Comment

Some people are naturally good at push ups. The world record is about 10,000 non stop. I was never that good at push ups in my mid 20s I had worked my way up to about 70. These days I would have a hard time doing 20 push ups.

Comment

I can do about 70 something straight in one set, but that is pushing myself. I could maybe even get past 80, seeing as I have gotten much stronger of late.

Comment

Working...
                    X