wtf Marquez ever did to be ranked over Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Krucial View Post
    in terms of skills and athletisism, **** yeah. zab was super nice
    Btw I do LOVE #1 and #3 but they should be 1 and 2 of last 30-35 years.Either order would be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by john l View Post
      Did you not read my post???To steal a line from some writer(maybe poster)The Mexican pharmacy beat the Pinoy pharmacy.
      True but I think Marquez was playing an even field this time and used PEDS because Pacquaio used them

Comment

• Such a shame we never saw Marquez vs Cotto years ago, would have been hell of a fight to see

Comment

• Originally posted by Krucial View Post
          in terms of skills and athletisism, **** yeah. zab was super nice
          didn't have enough skill to even beat journeyman baldomir.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            Better and more skilled than I don't know just a few Duran, Hearns, Hagler, Pacquaio, Chavez, Marquez, Lomachenko?
            i love slick, fast fighters bro. im sorry u dont like him on my list lol, cant help it. he was one of my favs back then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luilun View Post
              True but I think Marquez was playing an even field this time and used PEDS because Pacquaio used them
              Obs I don't know for sure but I think Pac was clean for 1st 2 fights.I think it was the Diaz fight at 135 that I seen something.Im not gonna get into all reasons because ive already posted it and don't want to spend next 2 weeks getting qouted by Pac fanboys.So really I think he was already a great fighter and had done enough to get in HOF before he cheated.And I think Marq was clean up to 4th Pac fight which I think is about as clear as a failed test that he was juicing in that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Disturbed View Post
                Such a shame we never saw Marquez vs Cotto years ago, would have been hell of a fight to see
                Never had ANY interest in that fight.Too much size.

Comment

• As much as I may think Marquez (and a host of others) were on PED’s, he didn’t get caught so we can’t ding him based on that.

I rate Marquez higher than Cotto. His KO win over Pacquiao was epic. And he had some damn solid wins in lower divisions as well, like Diaz, Gainer, Salido, Barrera, Casamayor, Medina, Juarez etc. His body of work makes him an ATG.

Cotto is a Hall of Famer and underappreciated IMO but he falls a rung or two below on Marquez on my list.

Comment

• Two of my favourite fighters of recent time these two. I loved their styles and watching them fight.
                    I think they're of a similar ilk talent wise. I'd probably have to place JMM slightly higher though.

Comment

Working...
                    X