Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hard do you think Deontay Wilder hits?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he hits extremely hard.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaDog View Post
      Hard but not as hard as people make it out to be. Promoters get fighters to build up their KO record by fighting journeymen/bums so that they have something to hype up. Kind of like Mathysse(along with many other fighters), the majority of his KO's came from bums/journeymen but when he stepped up in competition his KO rate completely dropped.
      Thats absurd to say, he literally dropped all of the champions that beat him, including the then iron beareded Devon Alexander, Zab Judah, Peterson, etc...

That dude could crack, and he could fight. He had the misfortune of getting his eye shut by one jab in the garcia fight, but before that he was going to be the winner of the fight, and the new poster child of the division.

Then he clearly lost some hunger, and was living the easy life with the money, and we all see how it effects people that come from nothing. The life outside of boxing gets to them.

He made a nice career for himself though, and i hope he made enough and has managed it well enough that the pacquiao fight was just a last cashout, and not a comeback for need of money fight.

Comment

Wildher hits as hard as meteorite, war Wildher!

Comment

They should get in the punch counter that Drago used in Rocky 4 and re-create that scene and include Fury chasing after a choccy bar instead of a car chasing Rocky up snowy mountains

That would be the most sensational build up to a fight.

Comment

Am sure he hits pretty hard lol, unless you feel his punches on your chin then we can never tell. But i think he is the hardest hitter in the HW division, and its the technic that he uses that makes him the hardest puncher IMHO. If he gets leverage on his punches then you are out, he does have a good short hand as well but i think his best punches are the long telegraph ones, the only issue is this era isn't that good and the best of the lot (Tyson Fury IMHO) is currently at his weakest since he got to the top, because IMO Fury is the only fighter that can take his punch and not be KO'ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              Am sure he hits pretty hard lol, unless you feel his punches on your chin then we can never tell. But i think he is the hardest hitter in the HW division, and its the technic that he uses that makes him the hardest puncher IMHO. If he gets leverage on his punches then you are out, he does have a good short hand as well but i think his best punches are the long telegraph ones, the only issue is this era isn't that good and the best of the lot (Tyson Fury IMHO) is currently at his weakest since he got to the top, because IMO Fury is the only fighter that can take his punch and not be KO'ed.

IMO if Steve Cunningham, a blown up cruiserweight could land a big right and put Fury on his behind, then now, when Fury is arguably at his worst, I expect deontay to do the same.

Comment

Its very clear that Wilder has KO power. But there are other factors to it, I believe.

Wilder's swinging haymaker power is increased by his unorthodox technique. If it is successful against Fury then it may be seen being incorporated in other boxer's arsenal. So, the question is, considering AJ's KO power, should the question be; who would have the most powerful windmill?

The other questions is, if he loses his next fight or the next two fights, does he need to change his technique and up his boxing technique to win big fights? Arguably, his natural abilities have got him into the realms of fighting these big fights, is that enough to maintain his position?

EDIT: Another point; its also down the calibre of the recipient's chin! GGG took a bomb from Canelo and barely blinked, in the first fight. Wilder's windmill may, one day, come up against a chin that can take it!

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post
                  IMO if Steve Cunningham, a blown up cruiserweight could land a big right and put Fury on his behind, then now, when Fury is arguably at his worst, I expect deontay to do the same.
                  Pretty much this ^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post
                    I think this guy is probably the hardest puncher in the heavyweight division. After watching some of his highlights

Although his physique doesn't show it compared to bodies like Joshua but he has raw athleticism and is very fast
                    Actually I would argue the opposite you often see the tall range guys are packing power, look at Hearns. I think being long like he is actually contributes to his explosiveness

Comment

On paper Wilder might not have the power of a Klitschko or Joshua but his punches have so much velocity that boxers hit with them are stunned even if they are not outright knocked out.

Comment

Working...
                      X