No announcement yet.

Golovkin won't get a rematch...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin won't get a rematch...

Canelo will take that "win" and run with it.

He did the same with Lara. Even if you felt he beat Lara, which he might've edged, he took the win and never mentioned him again. That fight was a split decision, some had Lara winning and he deserved a rematch but Canelo and his team didn't acknowledge anything, they took the w and ran.

i think that's what they will do here, although there is more money in this fight.

say what you want about Floyd, but he rematched guys like Maidana and Castillo, even though he already had the win over them. He wanted to prove he was better.

Canelo wasn't going to fight him the first time either or take the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
      Canelo will take that "win" and run with it.

He did the same with Lara. Even if you felt he beat Lara, which he might've edged, he took the win and never mentioned him again. That fight was a split decision, some had Lara winning and he deserved a rematch but Canelo and his team didn't acknowledge anything, they took the w and ran.

i think that's what they will do here, although there is more money in this fight.

say what you want about Floyd, but he rematched guys like Maidana and Castillo, even though he already had the win over them. He wanted to prove he was better.
      What is your opinion of who won the ggg/jacobs fight?

Comment

Well, the original plan to wait several years for GGG to age as a fighter has worked. He can now compete with the guy punch for punch whereas several years ago he wouldn't have been able to. GGG looked more tired than I've ever seen him and his legs have obviously lost steam.

As GGG continues to fade and Canelo has hit his prime, I think they're gonna wait things out for a while to see if GGG continues to win while fading more due to age, and then they will probably go for a third fight. Safety first.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
          What is your opinion of who won the ggg/jacobs fight?
          i thought GGG edged a very, very close fight and i thought Jacobs deserved a rematch but it was never going to happen with GGG/Canelo being the next fight, which was unfortunate for Jacobs.

i thought Jacobs fought great but he didn't win 7 rounds and he got dropped too.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Canelo wasn't going to fight him the first time either or take the rematch
            He avoided the first fight for a while and basically took it when they had nowhere to go, he was becoming known for ducking.

The second fight was always going to happen because of the draw.

Now Canelo has got what he wanted with the help of the judges, him and his team will be content and they'll move on. They are shameless and always have been, look how they acted about being caught dirty, they played the victim. They won't willingly give GGG a rematch now whey have the "win" and the belts.

Comment

Does he deserve one though? He ran like a ***** after calling Canelo a runner. He was all about Mexican style and big drama show until he got punched by a real one... then ***** boy hopped on his jab and run bicycle. He got busted up and walked down by little Cleanelo coming off knee surgery and a long layoff. GGG was so diva this time around and now has 0 leverage. He has no belts and no 0. I wouldn't mind seeing a 3rd fight though.

Comment

i think it will happen although golovkin will get a lower split. too much money and canelo must be pretty confident that hes gonna get the decision if it goes 12 rounds, which it will.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                  He avoided the first fight for a while and basically took it when they had nowhere to go, he was becoming known for ducking.

The second fight was always going to happen because of the draw.

Now Canelo has got what he wanted with the help of the judges, him and his team will be content and they'll move on. They are shameless and always have been, look how they acted about being caught dirty, they played the victim. They won't willingly give GGG a rematch now whey have the "win" and the belts.

Canelo has never ducked anyone unlike GGG whose entire career has been taking the path of least resistance.
                  If GGG got the nod would he give Canelo a rematch? He never gave Jacobs one.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                    i think it will happen although golovkin will get a lower split. too much money and canelo must be pretty confident that hes gonna get the decision if it goes 12 rounds, which it will.
                    Decision ? All B.S aside . I think Canelo Stops him if they have that trilogy .

Comment

Working...
                    X