Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are fights where the boxer(s) fought with the MOST bad intentions you've seen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NChristo View Post

Wilfredo Gomez was / is the best finisher I've ever seen, when the man got the smell of blood he always knocked them out in some murderous fashion, just a ****in lion
    Benn v G Man, what a brutal war of a bout. This wasn't boxing, it was too in ring animals wanting to tear each other apart.

I have to mention Jirov v Toney, two man who didn't or couldn't or wouldn't give a ****. They tore their careers in half with the physicality they showed in the ring that night. It was the first time in years I'd seen Toney so damn mean. He wanted to tear Jirov limb from limb...those counters were something else.

And Jirov, he could take a punch and he just kept coming. Even when he was getting caught with almost every thrown punch...beast!

Comment

duran, tyson, foreman, liston, mcclellan, hearns, j. jackson, hagler (after being robbed), dempsey, louis, young hopkins, young toney, a. moore, shavers, w. gomez, marciano, foster, saad muhammad, cuevas, mugabi, norris (with a few exceptions), naz etc all entered the ring thinking knockout each and every time.

some fought like furious lions desperate for blood (duran, tyson, dempsey), others with the methodical approach of an assassin (hearns, louis, toney). but they all had one purpose in mind. knockout.

most of them didnt do it to entertain either, they may have said they did but they would have fought the same way in an empty arena with no cameras. they just enjoyed knocking mother****ers out.

Comment

I thought Anthony Joshua looked pretty nasty at the weekend, grinning as he landed some brutal shots on a much smaller guy.

Comment

Am I reaching or was Shane trying to kill Margarito in their fight? Maybe not right from the jump, but when he built up momentum it seemed like he was trying knock his shit all the way off

Comment

Hagler vs Hearns
            Lewis vs Grant
            Oscar vs Vargas
            Tito vs Mayorga
            Shane vs Margirito
            Tyson vs Ruddock

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
              Margarito's first fight against Cotto.
              Yeah. Marg vs Cintron also, remember marg motioning for kermit to get up so he can beat him more.

Corey Sanders vs Wlad also probably worth mentioning.

Comment

Floyd against Ortiz, that cheapshot was vicious.

Comment

Working...
                X