No announcement yet.

first fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first fight

my first fight is march 14th what shoul i eat the day of my fight or the week prior any tips thanks

Do not eat any potatoes, cheesburgers, chocolates, sweets and do not drink coca-cola, pepsi, sprite, beer, vodka... The best option is to eat only fresh meat like chicken's meat, vegetables like carrot, green peas etc. You can eat bananas and other fruits sometimes. Drink only clean bottled water if you can.

Comment

whats wrong with potatoes?

Comment

hmm i think i might have a fight on the 14th also

just eat good food on the day of the fight, if you need to make a specified weight dont eat before you weigh in but otherwise have a light breakfast (oatmeal or cereal)

i like to eat a big pasta dish for lunch on the day, maybe followed by some low fat ice cream too eat it at least 4 hours before you fight and make sure you go to the toliet before you fight

drink a bottle or even two of gatorade with lunch if you have had to dehydrate to make weight

and have pack something like a jam sandwich on white bread (great energy boost) or an orange or banana or whatever to eat like an hour or an hour and a half before you fight

good luck

(this is just what works for me)

Comment

thank you guys it helps i have to start somewhere

Comment

What is wrong with potatoes? It is wrong to eat them if you are trying to loss weight or if you don't want to reach weight. Potatoes are "heavy" for your stomach and entrails (intestines). Potatoes are for poor people. Rice and buckwheat are better. Why? You need power to train, run, punch etc. Power = carbohydrates. In 1 kg of potatoes you've got 3 times less carbo than in 1 kg of rice. For example - 100g of rice (more or less) = 300g of potatoes. If you want to be a fatboy and if you want to carry a big belly - eat potatoes!

Another issue is - potatoes will be consumed by your organism slower, very slower. Do you want to carry your **** in your body for a few hours or for a whole day? Do you want to make farts and be a toxic-guy?

--

By the way, if you couldn't understand something I'll try to explain it again. My english isn't perfect
            Last edited by PolishWarrior; 01-28-2009, 07:52 AM. Reason: edit

Comment

Depends entirely on whether you need to make a weight cut. Do you?

Comment

What and how much you eat the week of the fight depends on if you have to lose any weight. Either way you should be eating as clean as possible, lean meats and vegetables, no junk food etc.

The day of the fight (again depends if you need to meet a specific weight or not) just eat what you're comfortable with.

I haven't had to worry about weight for any of my fights yet.

Last time I fought, the fights started at 7pm, weigh ins at 5pm, and we left at 3:30pm. I woke up at noon and had a nice big breakfast (pancakes, eggs etc). A little snack of a granola bar or something just before we left and then a turkey sandwich and a banana after the weigh ins. Drinking plenty of water all day (it sucks when you have to piss after you've put on your foul protecter, but you need to be hydrated lol).

If I'm fighting during the afternoon, I'll wake up an hour before I have to leave, eat somethink like oatmeal and a protein shake, and then grab a sandwich and a banana for a snack an hour or so before the fight.

Don't eat any new foods that you don't know how your body will react to, or anything really spicy,greasy or fatty. Good proteins and carbs. My coach suggests not eating eggs the day of the fight. Not sure why but I've never had any issues with them.

Comment

My first fight I was told not to eat ne thing. My fight was at 4 and weigh in was at 11 so my trainer wanted nothing on my stomach so i could weigh in at my lightest weight. After that I ate a small meal, corn, mashed potatoes and a piece of chicken. I didnt gorge myself just put something on my stomach. Im sure fruit would probably be a good choice as well.

Comment

thanks and ya i need to get to 132 now im 136 137 but i can do it also i am taking hydroxycut hardcore it gives me alot of energy but i just started it yesterday but i hace till the 14th

Comment

Working...
                    X