Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Too Fast" Fury vs "Bronze Bomber" Wilder: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
    Honestly this is another massive kudos for Wilder taking this fight. Just like when he fought Ortiz who any top heavyweight would avoid like the plague. Fury is NOT an easy fight for anyone and probably the worst matchup for Wilder. He's so damn awkward and off balance when he throws like mad that I can see this almost too easy of a fight for Fury.

The underlying question is how well can Fury take one of Wilder's bombs if it does in fact land. That's all we can really look out for in this fight because no way can Wilder box with Fury. He may not even get his chance to land. If he does land and Fury can take it, then what? Crazy tough fight for Wilder but I give him credit for taking on all challenges, even if stylistically they are horrible for him, lol.
    Like you I also give Wilder all the credit in the world for taking this fight. I fully expect Fury to disassemble him en route to a stoppage.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
      The guy is a steroid cheat that’s my only gripe with him now.

Fury was clean when he beat Wlad. Stay salty Scott.

Comment

• Fury outboxes Wilder for 11 rounds but gets caught by a desperate Wilder and survives to the final bell!

Fury by UD, too smart, too crispy, too much skill and too much movement!

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
          The guy is a steroid cheat that’s my only gripe with him now.
          Oh please don’t makes me go in to this! You knew he was clean ScottWeiland ffs

He beat your idol. Get over it!

Comment

• Did I miss something? Is this officially signed?

Comment

• Voted Wilder by KO but only voted today. Don't know if Fury is all the way back. If he is, he likely wins by UD.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Fury was clean when he beat Wlad. Stay salty Scott.
                Originally posted by HughJass View Post
                Oh please don’t makes me go in to this! You knew he was clean ScottWeiland ffs

He beat your idol. Get over it!
                The guy is a confirmed steroid cheat. He copped a plea accepting he used them against Hammer so he wouldn’t be sued, UKAD allowed him to continue fighting after testing dirty. It’s all documented ffs. He was clean ? Yeh sure he was, the UKAD came to an agreement as Fluff did to save their own backs after letting a dirty fighter fight on.

Yes Fluff beat Wlad, that’s not in dispute deserving so too I’m not contesting that. We all know Fluff started acting weirder even by his own standards, his hair fell out and his cousin had an outbreak of ACNE CONGLOBATA a symptom synonymous with steroid use.

Let’s draw a line under and we’ll agree with UKAD’s findings, he was dirty in February but clean in November, it’s really insignificant at this point as the victory stands as Canelo’s draw with GG’s does and we all know and accept that shyt house is a confirmed doper too completely calling into doubt that fight. It’s all smoke and mirrors everyone knows he’s using but we’ll just pretend like the Wlad fight it wasn’t whilst it was in camp against him.

We’re never gonna agree that I can agree on.

Comment

• Bombsquad 3rd round KO.

/Thread

Comment

• Fury has been inactive and thats a problem that has little to do with Wilder frankly. There are layers to this game and whatever one thinks of Wilder he is not to be taken lightly. With that said lets talk about Wilder...

He is improving, developing his jab mostly, so he has something to throw and set up his attacks. He also is trying to develop an active guard...one where he can control distance. but he still has no head movement to speak of, is terribly out of position after he attack, does not connect to his guard at all times, keeping his hands down and, could be exploited by a clever fighter.

Fury is a very clever fighter with reach. And Fury knows how to use his reach which could be bad for Wilder. If Fury fights off the back leg and picks Wilder apart he wins. But he has to have the strength and focus to work on his toes, pick his shots and not get cute inside. Fury has the more seasoned jab, but Wilder is getting better with his jab and does not have to win the battle for the jab, only to use his jab to time Fury for a big punch. Fury is vulnerable to this because of his haitus.

I think the judges will try to look for any excuse to give it to Wilder...not because they like Wilder, but because Fury is too mecurial and too outspoken. So if Fury takes apart Wilder and wins rounds with subtlety and finess look for a draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                      Fury has been inactive and thats a problem that has little to do with Wilder frankly. There are layers to this game and whatever one thinks of Wilder he is not to be taken lightly. With that said lets talk about Wilder...

He is improving, developing his jab mostly, so he has something to throw and set up his attacks. He also is trying to develop an active guard...one where he can control distance. but he still has no head movement to speak of, is terribly out of position after he attack, does not connect to his guard at all times, keeping his hands down and, could be exploited by a clever fighter.

Fury is a very clever fighter with reach. And Fury knows how to use his reach which could be bad for Wilder. If Fury fights off the back leg and picks Wilder apart he wins. But he has to have the strength and focus to work on his toes, pick his shots and not get cute inside. Fury has the more seasoned jab, but Wilder is getting better with his jab and does not have to win the battle for the jab, only to use his jab to time Fury for a big punch. Fury is vulnerable to this because of his haitus.

I think the judges will try to look for any excuse to give it to Wilder...not because they like Wilder, but because Fury is too mecurial and too outspoken. So if Fury takes apart Wilder and wins rounds with subtlety and finess look for a draw.
                      A quality assessment from billeau2.

I think Fury pulls out all(most) of his tricks; tools, and fights more aggressively than we are used to seeing if he feels comfortable in there. I do believe Fury steps up for big fights, and let's be honest, for all the talk about the Cunningham knockdown, Fury has never really been hurt in his pro career. It was a flash knockdown and no fighter has put him in real trouble. Wilder could be the first, and that makes this fight compelling. For all of his flaws, Wilder does have one punch KO power, and he has balls, so he will go for all the marbles, especially if he knows he is behind.

Comment

Working...
                      X