No announcement yet.

Taking a run up, for a rear cross punch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a run up, for a rear cross punch

How do you run directly forward, then turn side on mid sprint then launch the punch?

I can punch from side on no problem or almost side on.

I can sprint no problem.

Its just that turn mid sprint that I find hard, any tips on turning sideways after sprinting forwards without falling over?

Im not joking.

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    How do you run directly forward, then turn side on mid sprint then launch the punch?

I can punch from side on no problem or almost side on.

I can sprint no problem.

Its just that turn mid sprint that I find hard, any tips on turning sideways after sprinting forwards without falling over?

Im not joking.
    Are you talking about the rare Twinkle Toed Rear Crossing Hookercut?

Comment

Lol...

For a running approach.. A strafing overhand would be better than a bread and butter cross. Of course you run the risk of being timed and ktfo with your own momentum...

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
        Lol...

For a running approach.. A strafing overhand would be better than a bread and butter cross. Of course you run the risk of being timed and ktfo with your own momentum...
        I was never going to be a mayweather, im more of a kamikaze boxer

I can do it with a fast side step, but a forward sprint is faster if you get up to speed
        Last edited by AlexKid; 01-17-2016, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
          I was never going to be a mayweather, im more of a kamikaze boxer

I can do it with a fast side step, but a forward sprint is faster if you get up to speed
          Yeah?.. We were talking about hybrid punches earlier.. You half overhand half right hook it.. As you're sprinting aim your approach to pass closely by them on your left, their right. Strafe the punch as you pass by. Then after you have landed your strafing punch you can follow up. I nevertried this. Nope. Purely hypothetical. Yep.

Comment

Yeah?.. We were talking about hybrid punches earlier.. You half overhand half right hook it.. As you're sprinting aim your approach to pass closely by them on your left, their right. Strafe the punch as you pass by. Then after you have landed your strafing punch you can follow up. I nevertried this. Nope. Purely hypothetical. Yep.
            Awesome thanks bro so sprint in at an angle rather than dead on to make the transition into the strafe/ side on part more easy thats a fantastic idea thank-you!

Better defense too!

Comment

I figured out how to do it front on, you need to jump 1st.

So it will be a sprinting jumping rear cross.

Basically when you sprint forward and then try to turn side ways you will fall over because theres a massive slow down as you enter into the side stance. You basically tip yourself over your front foot.

But if you jump up there will be no slow down, and then you can turn side ways mid air (nothing to tip you over in mid air) and then launch the cross from the side position as you are landing.

Comment

Just had a heavy bag session... halfway through.. I did some sprinting punches in your honor. The wife was down there on the treadmill wondering wtf I was doing. Lol

Comment

Just had a heavy bag session... halfway through.. I did some sprinting punches in your honor. The wife was down there on the treadmill wondering wtf I was doing. Lol
                  Lol always makes you look like a maniac

Comment

Working...
                  X