Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One piece of advice you'd give to a beginner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    Shoulder Roll thanks for the confidence I tried to get these girls to stand behind their statements but as everyone could see they are phonies.
    Just kids talking sh*! in the safety of their moms house!
    I enjoy hearing what you have to say on boxing topics, Ray. Even if I might not always agree with your take (like when it comes to Floyd Mayweather.) From reading your posts over the years it's pretty obvious that you have a lot of knowledge and experience.

If people are going to be as rude and disrespectful as some of these guys have been towards you then they should at least be willing to stand behind what they are saying. Otherwise it's just cowardly and childish.

Comment

Their not here to enjoy boxing topics their here to "win an internet fight"!
      Their kids (I hope they are) because if they are adults thats really sad!
      You can dislike Ali or anyone else but when people degrade them just trying to lift their opinions up by negative comments I'd prefer not to associate with them. I didn't start calling these two kids names till after their BS, I hoped they would realize it serves no purpose.
      I was wrong it serves them well, again the "internet war" hahaha!!!

My importance in boxing is purely personal to me, I helped alot of kids by profiding an outlet for them. A place to blow off steam without getting into trouble. Most never achieved any status or awards but it helped mold them into people with heart and capable of helping kids out when they became adults.
      Every boxing trainer that I know started out helping kids, its the only way to develop a kid from scratch and thats the way its been done from the begining of Athletic Clubs to YMCA and Jewish Centers to Boys Clubs of America to CYO Clubs to Youth Boxing AAU to USA/ABF. I was involved with all of the above at one time or another. I'm most proud of that.
      I worked big fights all over the country and Europe but that was business not
      a personal association with kids.

If the kids here can't grow up then thats their choice but I don't need the personal attacks. I can prove my background butb why should I when these kids have no background. When I challenge them to put up they disappear!

Why the forum allows this is beyond me, I think the forums are concerned with activity and thats why they allow the "pot stired" the kids know it too.

See ya, Ray.

Comment

1. Work on improving your endurance by running, swimming and/or skipping rope. It doesn't matter how strong, quick or talented you are because if you don't have your wind, you have nothing.

2. Learn good head movement. A moving target is simply harder to hit.

3. Focus on learning a good jab. A good jab has the potential to create most of the openings in your offense and prevent opponents from fully opening their offense on you. It is the most important punch in boxing.

Comment

Most trainers are frauds, if they don't have any good amateur fighters who have grown with them from the start, that trainer is probably a fraud.

I've seen young guys get really fcked up in this sport due to to bad trainers. This sport is no joke, be careful, do your homework on these trainers.

Comment

Speaking of FRAUDS another day of the "missing elroy"! Challenge denied I guess but he'll keep talking sh*! because thats all he has FACT! hahaha...

To the OP, find a gym that has competitve amatuer boxers. The trainer needs to be associated with the USA boxing (state, regional & national competitors) and take part in Silver Mitten (youth), Golden Gloves, P.A.L organizations that have a long history of competion.

They are NOT on every corner, you need to search them out. If you find one and theres traveling involved get there as often as you can and do your work given to you at home.
            This sport can NOT be done without expert eyes watching you to correct and teach. Good luck, where are you?
            Ray

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
              I really picture an old half crazed man when I picture him... As you said unlike some of the other history guys here who are obviously legit in their knowledge and involvement in the game.

Listen yall.

Everyone has something to teach, and everyone has something to learn.

He clearly has experience, so why deride it? Unless you have some personal stake in the matter.

From what ive seen, I've never seen Ray say anything off base that suggests he's some pretender of knowledge. Perhaps yall e-stalk him and think you have. But I havent.

Comment

the posts in this thread is more entertaining than rigo and fury's last fights highlights put together LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                  Listen yall.

Everyone has something to teach, and everyone has something to learn.

He clearly has experience, so why deride it? Unless you have some personal stake in the matter.

From what ive seen, I've never seen Ray say anything off base that suggests he's some pretender of knowledge. Perhaps yall e-stalk him and think you have. But I havent.
                  At least self proclaimed experience.

Comment

keep your chin tucked in

move your head when in you are in his range

never close your eyes when he throws at you

Comment

Working...
                    X