Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin Can Duck Opponents By Using The "Not a PPV Fight" Excuse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward has openly stated he wants 2 "tune-ups" before he fights anyone. So really, who gives a ****? Cotto doesn't want any piece of GGG, we don't need to try to make GGG look like he's ducking someone when he isn't to feel better about Cotto "holding the belt hostage."

Cotto would get ruined by Golovkin and it's not a fight I need or want to see, but I would watch. Any fight with GGG at 160 and below I really don't need to see he beats anyone by KO in my opinion. That being said he isn't ducking Ward, it isn't a PPV fight and it's a high risk/low reward situation. Basically he's using the Cotto defense so I get the hypocrisy, but Cotto's got a MW title, Ward isn't even in the division. That said, I really don't care getting upset about boxing's integrity hasn't fixed it yet and people have been doing it for decades. At the end of the day, the fights will only get made when the money is right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
      Ward has openly stated he wants 2 "tune-ups" before he fights anyone. So really, who gives a ****? Cotto doesn't want any piece of GGG, we don't need to try to make GGG look like he's ducking someone when he isn't to feel better about Cotto "holding the belt hostage."

Cotto would get ruined by Golovkin and it's not a fight I need or want to see, but I would watch. Any fight with GGG at 160 and below I really don't need to see he beats anyone by KO in my opinion. That being said he isn't ducking Ward, it isn't a PPV fight and it's a high risk/low reward situation. Basically he's using the Cotto defense so I get the hypocrisy, but Cotto's got a MW title, Ward isn't even in the division. That said, I really don't care getting upset about boxing's integrity hasn't fixed it yet and people have been doing it for decades. At the end of the day, the fights will only get made when the money is right.
      Right on. I don't even care if Cotto fights him, if he doesn't feel he should be in there with middleweights that's his right, he has no obligation. Except he still has that belt. So for me, I want him to either vacate, or fight middleweights. GGG has been waiting for a while now, definitely the most deserving, I just want him to get his shot, and then from there he can move on. I'd love to see GGG vs Ward. I'd love to see GGG vs Chavez and whoever else. But first, unify or at least win the lineal crown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        Cotto and Golovkin are in the same division.

Besides which Ward doesn't even want to fight him, confirmed multiple times, he just used his name to try to keep himself relevant.

Virgil Hunter said it, Roc Nation are talking about making it when it's as big as Mayweather-Pacquiao which is another way of saying "not interested right now".
        confirmed multiple times????? Link please

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          That's been their reasoning for years. Ward isn't a PPV fight, it doesn't make financial sense. Even when Ward was semi-active.

But whenever another fighter uses that same reasoning to not fight Golovkin, they are vilified by virtually all of his rabid and hypocritical fanbase.
          Froch used the same reasoning not to fight Golovkin. And you were ok with that. Quot "Froch is a PPV fighter in the UK. Golovkin is not a PPV fighter in America.

Chavez is. So Froch-Chavez is a duel PPV.

Not hard to understand really."

http://www.boxingscene.com/froch-gol...at-ward--86173

But when it comes to GGG you have different standards. So who is a hypocrite now?

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
            lol this is comically bad.
            What is comically bad?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              So it's ok because another fighter imposed a CW on Martinez, Cotto can do it too? Lol. And he put a CW on Marg 2, demanded to defend his title at 150, with a 160 rehydration clause lol. So that's 2, same number that Pac imposed, but Pac only did it in his 7th and 8th division. Cotto in his 3rd and 4th, both vs disabled guys (one eye, one knee)

Questionable? Who isn't in boxing? If he was drained, Cotto must have been on EPO to run that marathon vs the midget.
              No I didn't say "cotto can do it too"... You b^tching & moaning about the one pound catchweight when martinez himself fought for that belt at that very same catchweight. Cry me a river.

You are complaining about plasterito???? HAHAHHA pathetic...

im still waiting for more "catchweight scenarios" since you said he had a "history of them"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                You Cotto stans are funny!
                Did martinez fight williams at a catchweight yes or no?

is pacquiao questionable for ped's yes or no?

Did cotto "almost make it to the finish line" as that poster stated yes or no?

imo pretty impressive almost making it to a "finish line" vs PEDquiao

Comment

• Originally posted by Plutonium View Post
                  Froch used the same reasoning not to fight Golovkin. And you were ok with that. Quot "Froch is a PPV fighter in the UK. Golovkin is not a PPV fighter in America.

Chavez is. So Froch-Chavez is a duel PPV.

Not hard to understand really."

http://www.boxingscene.com/froch-gol...at-ward--86173

But when it comes to GGG you have different standards. So who is a hypocrite now?
                  You didn't read my post properly did you?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                    is pacquiao questionable for ped's yes or no?
                    Not as questionable as Floyd who has suppressed test results and has had people from his own TMT organization convicted of PED usage.

Comment

Working...
                    X