Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are fans so caught up on "trading shots"??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's funny how most Mayweather fans have gone so far away from being fans of boxing just to defend him to the point they say they don't like any fight that's not involving Mayweather or a fight with contact. They have sold out for one fighter and are just sticking around waiting out this generation for pure hatred and disdain for the fighters the public has seemed to embrace.

What would you rather watch - two fighters hugging all night or two fighters fighting very defensive and cautiously or two skilled fighters showing complete skill sets and mixing in exchanges?

Just a sampling of my personal preference for fighters in history who's styles I enjoy the most are as follows - Juan Manuel Marquez, Salvador Sanchez, Jose Napoles, Ruben Olivares, Alexis Arguello, Marvin Hagler, James Toney, Eder Jofre, Rafael Marquez, Wilfredo Gomez. All skilled boxers who could bang and mix it up. Would box your brains out and the more they landed they'd get more aggressive and were never afraid of firing back and getting into exchanges. Felix Trinidad also a personal favorite and a joy to watch. A skillful home runner hit albeit a tad one-dimensional but far from a bar room brawler.
    Last edited by chrisJS; 01-05-2018, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by larry$ View Post
      What gym in this world teaches boxers to sit and trade? If you go to a gym like that then you need to find a new one because they just want to use you as entertainment..
      One thing you need to understand Larry is this: many Boxing fans aren't really Boxing fans but moreso fans of violence.

These people don't like Boxing, they're just here for the agony of defeat.

Words to live by.

Someone has Gatti vs Ward as their sig/av --- ignore them.

Comment

Originally posted by mvooom View Post
        People want to see him lose so bad that they are willing to cough up $79 or so to watch it live.

That is a ridiculous reason cuz they can simply just check the headlines a few hours later. Don't have to watch it especially when it's not even free.

They watched cuz they wanted to watch, they just couldn't afford to miss it. We all miss fights even free ones but rarely ever Floyd's and we have to pay for it.
        It's true, they pay to see him lose. It's not ridiculous, it's modern marketing. Started with Georgous George, taken by Muhammed Ali. Howard Stern implemented it, Mike Tyson implemented it, Floyd most recently.

It's a psychological phenomenon tied to the survival of the fittest. It's in our nature to hate as an early line of defense against predators. This is a very complex issue and naturally there is more to it, but that is the baseline.

Good article here: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ate-each-other

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
          all serious **** Larry Tennessee is a ****hole how you do it?
          Man i been wanting to move, dont have it like that

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Every fighter, at some stage, has to trade shots. The fact you have never boxed is clearly shown in this bizarrely stupid thread of yours.
            Been involved in boxing since I was 12, Boxed as an amateur... Wasn't the greatest in the world but I know the sport well

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              It's funny how most Mayweather fans have gone so far away from being fans of boxing just to defend him to the point they say they don't like any fight that's not involving Mayweather or a fight with contact. They have sold out for one fighter and are just sticking around waiting out this generation for pure hatred and disdain for the fighters the public has seemed to embrace.

What would you rather watch - two fighters hugging all night or two fighters fighting very defensive and cautiously or two skilled fighters showing complete skill sets and mixing in exchanges?

Just a sampling of my personal preference for fighters in history who's styles I enjoy the most are as follows - Juan Manuel Marquez, Salvador Sanchez, Jose Napoles, Ruben Olivares, Alexis Arguello, Marvin Hagler, James Toney, Eder Jofre, Rafael Marquez, Wilfredo Gomez. All skilled boxers who could bang and mix it up. Would box your brains out and the more they landed they'd get more aggressive and were never afraid of firing back and getting into exchanges. Felix Trinidad also a personal favorite and a joy to watch. A skillful home runner hit albeit a tad one-dimensional but far from a bar room brawler.
              Once again you take the opinion of one Floyd fan and then post "... most Mayweather fans have gone so far away from being fans of boxing just to defend him." This is a lie plain and simple.

Why do guys like you constantly do things like this? I get you don't like Floyd, but to continually assign one fan's opinion to all his fans shows you have an agenda. Stop trying to paint all his fans with a broad brush, especially when you complain when people lump you into a group.

You are as bad as the posters you make things up about.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                It's true, they pay to see him lose. It's not ridiculous, it's modern marketing. Started with Georgous George, taken by Muhammed Ali. Howard Stern implemented it, Mike Tyson implemented it, Floyd most recently.

It's a psychological phenomenon tied to the survival of the fittest. It's in our nature to hate as an early line of defense against predators. This is a very complex issue and naturally there is more to it, but that is the baseline.

Good article here: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ate-each-other
                You do have a point doe, we all think differently but I don't see how I will be paying $59 to watch Floyd fight Guerrero, hoping he will lose a guaranteed win fight. That fight did 800k plus in PPV sales.

Same way I want to see Stevenson lose, I haven't watched his fight in a while expect it's against someone with a very good chance of winning - and his fights are free. I will be watching the Jack fight doe cuz I am a fan of Jack.

Missed GGG Wade and watched it weeks later without even having an issue. Same goes for Canelo Smith, Canelo Chavez who was drained to zombie levels and I'm a fan of Canelo.

Well, we all react differently to our emotions.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Once again you take the opinion of one Floyd fan and then post "... most Mayweather fans have gone so far away from being fans of boxing just to defend him." This is a lie plain and simple.

Why do guys like you constantly do things like this? I get you don't like Floyd, but to continually assign one fan's opinion to all his fans shows you have an agenda. Stop trying to paint all his fans with a broad brush, especially when you complain when people lump you into a group.

You are as bad as the posters you make things up about.
                  Except it's not one fan. It's the majority that I see on here and social media.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    Except it's not one fan. It's the majority that I see on here and social media.
                    No, one person posted this. You have not seen the majority of Floyd fans on this site do this. you also haven't seen the majority of floyd fans on social media do this either. There have more than likely been a couple and you, as usual, are over exaggerating to fit your agenda.

If you disagree with this poster's opinion, fine. It's cool if you don't like Floyd. No need to over exaggerate based on the opinion of a single poster.

Comment

Originally posted by larry$ View Post
                      Been involved in boxing since I was 12, Boxed as an amateur... Wasn't the greatest in the world but I know the sport well
                      Clearly yet another lie, because if you "know the sport well" then you know that trading shots comes with the territory.

Comment

Working...
                      X