No announcement yet.

Prime Erik El Terrible Morrales vs Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Erik El Terrible Morrales vs Lomachenko

12rds who takes it either at 126 or 130, doesn't matter.

Morales UD

He's better than Salido.

Comment

Dunno, Morales was a beast.

I'm happy to wait until Loma has around 20 pro fights before really trying to consider how he would match up against past greats. I don't think we have seen Loma's prime yet.

Comment

I see Loma by UD in an interesting fight but not a close one. I'm a big El Terrible fan but I see Loma boxing circles around him and only getting better as the fight goes on. Morales does hold a win over Pac but he he also lost twice to Pac, who is comparable to Loma although Pac definitely had the edge in power. And I'd love to say Morales would never quit but he did against Pac in the third fight. However, that was from getting the hell knocked out of him-not frustration. I think Morales was frustrated right down to the bone against Raheem and didn't quit of course. So again, Loma UD in a fun fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
          Morales UD

He's better than Salido.
          Hells yea!

Comment

Morales UD

He's better than Salido.
            So is Walters. So what?

Comment

Loma hasn't fought at a high enough level to give an accurate answer to this. I don't think people realise just how good that featherweight era was.

You had 4 ATG's in Barrera, Morales, Marquez, and Pacquiao. Then HOFers like Hamed, Tapia, and plenty of elite guys behind that.

I think you are unlikely to ever get such a high calibre of featherweights in the same era again.

With all that said, Loma is special and probably in the league with those best guys, but we need more evidence. At the moment I'd like a prime Morales with his height and reach advantage, it's up to Loma to probe that wrong over time.

Comment

Morales UD

He's better than Salido.
                I agree , all of the Salido's in the world couldn't even make up a half of Morales and that's no knock on Orlando.

Comment

Morales, Pacquiao, Barrera and Mayweather would all beat Lomachenko. I think Pacman at 130 would literally murder Lomachenko. I don’t know who could beat the 130 135 Pacman. Morales would probably ko Lomachenko but it would be a good fight. Lomachenko is a good boxer but he is in a era lacking superstars that were so prevalent a few decades ago.

The best guy that gives Loma trouble is Garcia and he would be destroyed by morales Pacman Barrera and Floyd. Loma is a good fighter but he isn’t anywhere close to some of the all time greats like these 4. These guys didn’t wait to hit their physical and mental prime to turn pro. They were fighting multiple world title high quality fights in their mid to late 20s while Lomachenko career is finally getting into gear at the age of 29.

I think Barrera also is perfect for loma. His body work would give Loma serious problems.

Comment

Morales UD

He's better than Salido.
                    Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                    Hells yea!

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                    So is Walters. So what?

Hell yeah

On the real though who freakin knows how these fantasy fights would play out.

Comment

Working...
                    X