Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: I Was Injured Too, I Didn't Use Excuse Like Loma Did

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: I Was Injured Too, I Didn't Use Excuse Like Loma Did

In a recent interview, WBC Franchise, IBF, WBA, WBO lightweight champion Teofimo Lopez reflected back on the dramatic twelfth round of Saturday's fight with Vasiliy Lomachenko, at the MGM Grand's Conference Center in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Loma doesn’t deserve a rematch. Let him eat that L

Comment

Lopez is correct here.

If you got in the ring, you were healthy enough to fight. Period. No excuses.

Shannon Briggs tore his bicep in the first round of his fight against Vitali Klitschko and subsequently took one of the most savage beatings I've ever seen, then got stiffed on his pay by the promoters. He fought the heavyweight champion of the world, with one arm, for free, refused to quit, and ended up hospitalized because of it. And yet he complained less than Wilder did about his heavy ring attire, and less than Pac or Loma have about their shoulder injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
        Lopez is correct here.

If you got in the ring, you were healthy enough to fight. Period. No excuses.

Shannon Briggs tore his bicep in the first round of his fight against Vitali Klitschko and subsequently took one of the most savage beatings I've ever seen, then got stiffed on his pay by the promoters. He fought the heavyweight champion of the world, with one arm, for free, refused to quit, and ended up hospitalized because of it. And yet he complained less than Wilder did about his heavy ring attire, and less than Pac or Loma have about their shoulder injuries.
        Who gave an excuse?

Comment

Eh, I think if the injury was THAT bad Loma wouldn't have fought. Neither would Teo if whatever injury he had was that bad.

Loma just doing PR or honestly standard sh^t & I suspect one day when Teo loses & needs surgery after a fight he won't go to some secret location in Germany to have it done & rehab in privacy to keep it outta the news.

Mfers take injuries too seriously when it comes to winning & losing. Mfers been winning injured. Mfers losing injured too obviously. Injured is a constant basically. So I don't necessarily see Loma using it as an excuse to most boxing fans or the need for Teo to take it like he's taking it cuz most fans know the score.

Casual fans who think Loma is undefeated uninjured & 0-2 when he was hurt are the only mfers this type of news is for unless you are a hardcore who becomes too invested in injury reports in boxing.

Comment

I would agree with Lopez if Loma was going out publicly saying that was the reason for the loss etc. Loma's manager telling a reporter that he went into surgery for an injury is hardly Loma using it as an excuse.

Take the victory like a true champ and enjoy it. Stop making yourself look like an idiot. The kid needs to learn to be humble and get away from his toxic father.

Comment

I was injured too, just from watching the laxative action.

Comment

Loma is very lucky each shoulder didn't get dislocated from Teo's jabs... Loma turning into a dirty head butting whinner!

Comment

Shoulders are becoming the go to excuse for big fight losses....

Comment

To be fair, If Lopez would've lost, he would use the injury excuse also.

Comment

Working...
                    X