• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Some other criticisms were
    1. Floyd waited until Pacquiao slowed down to fight him
    2. Both fighters were out of their prime
    3. The fight should've happened 5 years ago but Floyd delayed it
    4. This fight is going to kill boxing
    5. GGG's PPV numbers were a result of the MayPac PPV and fans weren't ready to buy another PPV.
    6. Floyd cherry picked his competition and took less risks for higher rewards
    7. Floyd and Manny should retire
    8. This fight was horrible for boxing and will turn fans away

And many more criticisms aimed directly at Floyd. So Floyd is retired and Manny is still fighting. He's angling for a Mayweather rematch. He's avoiding the tougher fights at 147 and Crawford at 140 to set up a rematch with Floyd. Choosing Broner was a way to entice Floyd. It worked for Maidana. We all know beating Broner is like beating Floyd

So why isn't anybody complaining about Pacquiao trying to fleece the fans with a rematch with Floyd? Why aren't his actions called cherry picking? Pacquiao is doing exactly what Kellerman just accused Mayweather of doing on his First Take show. They supposedly robbed the fans of $100 dollars and Pac is trying to do it again.
    1. True
    2. True
    3. True
    4. False
    5. Not true but it didn't help that's for sure
    6. Absolutely true
    7. Definitely!
    8. Some truth in it, it didn't help things it could have been something which could have made fans think boxing still about and kicking with entertainment instead it showed boxing has gone away from the golden era of an Ali, Tyson, Leonard or a Hagler trying to give the fans a show without boring them.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      I don't get it, what are you saying? Is the Broner fight confirmed? Are you gonna hate on a guy for trying to rematch the man that beat him? Does having a rematch negate all of the negatives of the first fight? Who or what is Pacquiao actually cherry picking?

Also, take some red k for making yet another May/Pac thread.
      Why would you Red K a post you responded to? If you don't like May/Pac threads don't read them. Obviously you thought it was something worth responding to. Did you red K all these boxingscene articles talking about Manny wanting a Floyd rematch?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
        You know what i think this place needs...more Mayweather/Pacquiao threads.
        There's an ignore button for a reason. If you don't like it don't respond. This site has posted May/Pac articles the last couple of days. Why are you here?

Comment

Why would you Red K a post you responded to? If you don't like May/Pac threads don't read them. Obviously you thought it was something worth responding to. Did you red K all these boxingscene articles talking about Manny wanting a Floyd rematch?
          I've Red Kd a tonne of people and sent a message to the mods to stop such threads but they are about as useful as herpes.

I responded because your initial post was more incoherent than usual. So respond to the questions I asked.

btw I couldn't red k you as I think I probably did so recently.

Comment

I've Red Kd a tonne of people and sent a message to the mods to stop such threads but they are about as useful as herpes.

I responded because your initial post was more incoherent than usual. So respond to the questions I asked.

Comment

Did you red K big papa pump and send a message to the mods about the May/Pac articles they've posted the last couple of days?

Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 07-29-2016, 04:35 PM.

Comment

i like Motorcity Cobra

his threads get people all up in arms.

respect. even if u hate pacman

Comment

Some other criticisms were
                  1. Floyd waited until Pacquiao slowed down to fight him
                  2. Both fighters were out of their prime
                  3. The fight should've happened 5 years ago but Floyd delayed it
                  4. This fight is going to kill boxing
                  5. GGG's PPV numbers were a result of the MayPac PPV and fans weren't ready to buy another PPV.
                  6. Floyd cherry picked his competition and took less risks for higher rewards
                  7. Floyd and Manny should retire
                  8. This fight was horrible for boxing and will turn fans away

And many more criticisms aimed directly at Floyd. So Floyd is retired and Manny is still fighting. He's angling for a Mayweather rematch. He's avoiding the tougher fights at 147 and Crawford at 140 to set up a rematch with Floyd. Choosing Broner was a way to entice Floyd. It worked for Maidana. We all know beating Broner is like beating Floyd

So why isn't anybody complaining about Pacquiao trying to fleece the fans with a rematch with Floyd? Why aren't his actions called cherry picking? Pacquiao is doing exactly what Kellerman just accused Mayweather of doing on his First Take show. They supposedly robbed the fans of $100 dollars and Pac is trying to do it again.

if pacquiao fights prime crawford it will be about as serious a challenge as anything floyd took during his career. only fights that would really compare are a faded pacquiao, prime corrales.

this whole mayweather pacquiao thing makes a lot more sense when you recognize that one of the two fighters came all the way from flyweight, and that they all box for money. how can pacquiao be cherrypicking a naturally bigger guy who would probbly still be p4p if he hadn't retired? who is less faded than he is?

they pushed off the fight for money
                  they fought each other when they were past their primes for money.

they both were guilty of pushing off the fight, but when you consider that one guy is markedly smaller than the other, and that he was knocked completely unconscious by a former featherweight in '12 and was much more faded, you naturally start to place more blame on floyd for "cherrypicking." i don't think there's anything wrong with that. both are guilty. floyd's going to look more guilty because he's bigger, and because his career had taken much less out of him at that stage.

cue up some flowmoes trying to convince me that floyd was not only just as faded as pacquiao, but that they were the same size

Comment

Did you red K big papa pump and send a message to the mods about the May/Pac articles they've posted the last couple of days?

I barely read the articles on here but if I see one, I'll red k him. I'm pretty consistent on my stance. Now go back to answering my questions and stop deflecting.

Comment

Cash grab or not, it's the most logical opponent for Manny if he comes back. What else is there left to prove except for beating Floyd? Not that needing to prove something has to be the only reason (or a reason at all) for coming back, he could just be doing it because he loves boxing and it's a way to make good money, but if he did want to accomplish anything else, then defeating Mayweather is the only significant thing left. It's also the most financially alluring and assures the least amount of wear and tear on Manny's body than any other fight (unless Floyd decides to take the risk of going for the KO) would.

Not that I care to see it again, but...

Comment

Working...
                      X