No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder is Physically stronger than Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deontay Wilder is Physically stronger than Anthony Joshua

I used to think that Joshua's only hope against Wilder was to impose his 260 lb frame on Wilder. However, I have studied a lot of footage of wilder and he is much stronger than he looks.

I think Wilder is country strong while Joshua is gym strong - Wilder growing up in rural Alabama and Joshua in Londons concrete Jungle supports this Hypothesis.

Some things that prove Wilders strength. Note this list is not exhaustive:

1) Manhandles a 245+ lb Luis Ortiz throught the fight. When Ortiz hurt Wilder, Wilder grabbed on and was able to hold on even in a weakend state. The opposite happened when Wilder hurt Ortiz. Ortiz tried to hold Wilder but 214 lb Wilder was too strong and easily tossed him on the ground.

2) Wilder nearly knocked out Ortiz by punching him in the forehead. Most fighters hurt and even break their hands after punching an oponents head (see Floyd). Let alone Ortiz's massive Cinder block shaped head supported by 245+ lbs of body weight. Yet Wilder punched through him and put him in lala land.

3) Wilder consistently punched through oponents Guards. He did this with Bermain Stevern in their first and second fight, and also to Ortiz who had his guard up for some of the knockdowns he suffered. If you have ever sparred, this takes real strength. Its like one of those video games we played as kids when you hold down square to charge your punch for that move called "GUARD BREEAKERR!".

3) In Wilder vs Stevern 2. Wilder used the referee as a cape. That referee is an average sized man and probably weighs atleast 180 lb. Yet to Wilder he felt like a piece of cloth.

4) Wilder vs Washington. Gerald Washington is a big strong 6 ft 5 in ex-football player and in their fight he put Wilder in a headlock and tried to lean on him the way Wladimir Klitschko bullied Povetkin, only to be lifted off his feet.

5) Wilder vs Charlie Zelenoff. Why you might wonder? Well a guy who looks average sized kept trying to hold back Wilder but again Wilder uses him as a cape and picks him up like you would a mobile phone. Compare this to when Shannon Briggs stormed Wladimirs training camp and was held back somewhat by a similar average sized guy.

As far as I'm concerned this revelation is very bad for Joshua because I know he plans on coming in leaner when he inevitably faces Wilder. If Wilder is already stronger than Joshua at 260 lbs then below 245 lbs, Joshua will have even less of a chance in that fight since he gets a lot of his confidence from his size. As soon as he realises Wilder is better in the one area he believes himself to be without equal, he will capitulate.
    Last edited by Kid-Chocolate; 03-09-2018, 03:25 PM.

It's clear that Wilder punches harder than AJ, harder than most other men his size for that matter. But, that's one of the reasons this is an intriguing match. Wilder has the power advantage, but AJ's the better boxer.

Comment

Did you see how easily he tossed Ortiz down that one time during the fight?(I see you mentioned that, but yes, it was surprising to see).

He is much stronger than one would think, considering his weight, and lack of girth.
      Last edited by dwighttsharpe; 03-09-2018, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Yes I know that too but Punching Power ≠Strength. Since the eye test tells me that Wilder has advantages in both areas I think Joshua is in for a big surprise

Comment

Yes I saw that and I was very surprised. People dont realise how physically strong Ortiz is and how good his chin is. Yet Wilder completely overwhelmed both of Ortiz's main attributes.

Watch any of Ortiz's previous fights and he's always been the bully. Whether Bryant Jennings, Tony Thompson, Dave Allen or Yusuf Mack, Ortiz has walked through them using his strength.

Actually I think now that Wladmir Klitschko is not as strong as we once thought. He tossed around povetkin and we thought that made him strong. However Wladimir had problems with Bryant Jennings physical style, Tyson fury's mass and strength, and ofcouse Anthony Joshua who easily resisted Wladimirs attempts at holding.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid-Chocolate View Post
            I used to think that Joshua's only hope against Wilder was to impose his 260 lb frame on Wilder. However, I have studied a lot of footage of wilder and he is much stronger than he looks.

I think Wilder is country strong while Joshua is gym strong - Wilder growing up in rural Alabama and Joshua in Londons concrete Jungle supports this Hypothesis.

1) Manhandles a 245+ lb Luis Ortiz throught the fight. When Ortiz hurt Wilder, Wilder grabbed on and was able to hold on even in a weakend state. The opposite happened when Wilder hurt Ortiz. Ortiz tried to hold Wilder but 214 lb Wilder was too strong and easily tossed him on the ground.

2) Wilder nearly knocked out Ortiz by punching him in the forehead. Most fighters hurt and even break their hands after punching an oponents head (see Floyd). Let alone Ortiz's massive Cinder block shaped head supported by 245+ lbs of body weight. Yet Wilder punched through him and put him in lala land.

3) Wilder consistently punched through oponents Guards. He did this with Bermain Stevern in their first and second fight, and also to Ortiz who had his guard up for some of the knockdowns he suffered. If you have ever sparred, this takes real strength. Its like one of those video games we played as kids when you hold down square to charge your punch for that move called "GUARD BREEAKERR!".

3) In Wilder vs Stevern 2. Wilder used the referee as a cape. That referee is an average sized man and probably weighs atleast 180 lb. Yet to Wilder he felt like a piece of cloth.

4) Wilder vs Washington. Gerald Washington is a big strong 6 ft 5 in ex-football player and in their fight he put Wilder in a headlock and tried to lean on him the way Wladimir Klitschko bullied Povetkin, only to be lifted off his feet.

5) Wilder vs Charlie Zelenoff. Why you might wonder? Well a guy who looks average sized kept trying to hold back Wilder but again Wilder uses him as a cape and picks him up like you would a mobile phone. Compare this to when Shannon Briggs stormed Wladimirs training camp and was held back somewhat by a similar average sized guy.

As far as I'm concerned this revelation is very bad for Joshua because I know he plans on coming in leaner when he inevitably faces Wilder. If Wilder is already stronger than Joshua at 260 lbs then below 245 lbs, Joshua will have even less of a chance in that fight since he gets a lot of his confidence from his size. As soon as he realises Wilder is better in the one area he believes himself to be without equal, he will capitulate.
            He fought a 40 year old.

Comment

wilder vs zelenoff?
              why do I feel like all the stuff before that was a disguise to get me to keep reading to the troll part.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid-Chocolate View Post

I'm not too impressed with Wilder out-muscling unmotivated tomato cans and overweight middle aged men.

The way he handled Charlie Z was quite impressive doe.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                  wilder vs zelenoff?
                  why do I feel like all the stuff before that was a disguise to get me to keep reading to the troll part.
                  Best win of Deontay's career!

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    It's clear that Wilder punches harder than AJ, harder than most other men his size for that matter. But, that's one of the reasons this is an intriguing match. Wilder has the power advantage, but AJ's the better boxer.
                    how on earth is that clear lol. joshuas got a 100 percent ko ratio.

Comment

Working...
                    X