Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua vs. Parker Pitched For Near 100,000 Seat Camp Nou

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua vs. Parker Pitched For Near 100,000 Seat Camp Nou

Barcelona's Nou Camp will be considered as a possible venue for Anthony Joshua's unification clash with Joseph Parker, says the New Zealander's promotional team.

Fight is expected to take place in March which is a very cold month in the UK, especially for open stadium events.

David Higgins, a director at Duco Events, told Sky Sports: "The reason I threw Barcelona out there, is because I know the English love to go to Spain and there will be a lot of expats in Spain.

"It's a short flight. Brilliant weather and a stadium that is massive. They're not in need of tourists, they probably think they have too many, but if it's off the main tourist season then as an economic thing, it would stack up.

"A lot of English would go for a week in Spain. I'm throwing it out there as a possibility.

"Like I said, we have got a track record. The Jeff Horn-Manny Pacquiao fight delivered a massive economic return and was seen I think as a wise investment."

"Joshua does have big commercial pull, so they have every right to expect a bigger share of the pie, which we are giving them, and a rematch clause. We have confidence in our guy Parker and his chin. We think he wins."

"I potentially will go to Britain, but not until I see a concession on their side," he said. "Our view is we're close, we've made all the concessions so far, and I need to see some movement from their side.

"I like Eddie, I think he's good to work with, he listens and is open to a collaborative approach. He doesn't have an ego problem and he is quite funny, so I see him as a guy I can work with.

"If he signals a bit of room to move, then I probably will jump on a plane and brave another English winter."

"I think Joshua has no choice but to fight Parker," said Higgins. "He's talked a big game. What did he call himself? The king of Dubai? He was born in Watford. What the hell is the king of Dubai? What is that?"

��Clickbait��
    Absolute Nonsense!!
    Nearly as bad as Hearn talking about Nigeria��������

Comment

Joseph Parker's team basically pulled this statement out of their arse. As if they're gonna put a plan together to stage the event.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        🚨Clickbait🚨
        Absolute Nonsense!!
        Nearly as bad as Hearn talking about Nigeria😂😂😂😂
        Its clickbait to you bc you don't have a mature intellectual brain at your disposal .

Did you actually read the post ? I hope so bc it would prove you really are " SPECIAL " !

Definition of clickbait. : something (such as a headline) designed to make readers want to click on a hyperlink especially when the link leads to content of dubious value or interest.

Not only are you totally off AGAIN ....its of INTEREST bc talks of venues is ALWAYS a great sign that its the direction the fight will get made or have higher chance of !
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-30-2017, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          Its clickbait to you bc you don't have a mature intellectual brain at your disposal .

Did you actually read the post ? I hope so bc it would prove you really are " SPECIAL " !

Definition of clickbait. : something (such as a headline) designed to make readers want to click on a hyperlink especially when the link leads to content of dubious value or interest.

Not only are you totally off AGAIN ....its of INTEREST bc talks of venues is ALWAYS a great sign that its the direction the fight will get made or have higher chance of !
          Okay ******, let me explain exactly why this is nonsense.

AJ-Parker will be taking place in the spring, during a pivotal part of the football season, so there is no chance F.C. Barcelona one of the biggest football clubs in the world are going to stage an event like this in their stadium and on their pitch during this time period.

Schooled again ******������
          You always try and pipe up, commenting on my post’s, then I just put you back in your place you little cretin��������

Comment

Dave Higgins

Hilarious guy.

Comment

Complete and utter BS, the fight is more likley to take place on the helipad at Trump Tower with Obama as referee and Hilary as a ring girl.

Comment

Very very very unlikely

Comment

Yeah....no....

I mean March is not amazingly cold, wasnt AJ/Wlad April? Although we did have an unusually warm month thsi year. Plus it doesnt have to be a big stadium.

Comment

This is BS. Why would they fight in Spain? It makes no sense whatsoever. Won't happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X