Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Lemieux 'Extremely Interested' In Fighting Canelo Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a good fight at all. Canelo would do whatever he wanted against Lemieux. I'm tired of his name coming up after it's become obvious that he is not going to beat elite fighters.

Comment

He should challenge comebacking Floyd and avenge that embarrassing loss

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        Not a good fight at all. Canelo would do whatever he wanted against Lemieux. I'm tired of his name coming up after it's become obvious that he is not going to beat elite fighters.
        Problem is all those guys pretending won't risk anything against him... Charlo and Andrade won't risk anything against someone who could stop them... And no "prospect" will want that either (bye-bye Munguia unless he's really something special)

That leaves the winner of IBF title fight (Derevyanchenko vs Jacobs) or Canelo

Comment

Sorry, but Lemieux does not deserve a fight for the title against the unified champion. Canelo would hand a one-sided beatdown of Lemieux. Besides Gokovkin, only Charlo, Saunders and perhaps the winner of Jacobs@Derevyanchenko deserves a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
            Problem is all those guys pretending won't risk anything against him... Charlo and Andrade won't risk anything against someone who could stop them... And no "prospect" will want that either (bye-bye Munguia unless he's really something special)

That leaves the winner of IBF title fight (Derevyanchenko vs Jacobs) or Canelo

This has nothing to do with Charlo or Andrade. Charlo is the mandatory anyway so your statement is stupid.

Comment

I agree with all of you that say Lemieux doesn't deserve a shot. HOWEVER if Canelo is looking to stay busy in December then Lemieux is really one of the only options. Saunders Andrade Jacobs and Derevyanchenko are all scheduled to fight (eachother)
              If you can't get Charlo negotiated quickly then what the hell. Canelo can have a bigger better fight in May

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                This has nothing to do with Charlo or Andrade. Charlo is the mandatory anyway so your statement is stupid.
                And so is Lemieux since Sat. Night... You keep missing that point... I don't say he deserves a shot at all cost. All I say is: he's up there top 5 again by default and he could flatten anyone pass the top 3.. So it's either the Division is weak or Lemieux should get more respect for what he brings to the table...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Canelo would dominate Lemieux to pieces. Lemieux's only chance would be to land a powerball lottery level homerun shot that knocks Canelo out. Otherwise he gets whitewashed.
                  Agree. I see this as Canelo versus Rich Man's James Kirkland. I enjoyed seeing Canelo vs. Kirkland to see how many bombs Canelo could withstand. Canelo proved he's a tough dude, as we saw this past weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  X