Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin Couldn't Answer Kellerman's Question - inconsistencies gallore

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot, does Kellerman ask Loma questions in Russian?

Two minds are better than one. Does Oleg ever translate questions in English during HBO's roundup questions for the prefight? Clearly Kellerman and RJJ along with others are content with answers that don't relate to the questions they are asking?

interpretation seems to be an idiotic thing at HBO. Alvarez and Loma speak in their native languages fighting in the USA. They too can speak limited English but out of respect they answer back with common sense, not broken English

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
      watch the post fight vs stevens. max asks him "what was your plan coming into this fight"? and his reply was something like "i respect box, i respect everybody, hey man, going to home, tell your parents just hi, i'll come back, thank you." dude can't speak english for ****.
      this...i saw him on espn first take last week...i couldnt finish the interview because he couldnt answer one question....i blame kellerman and stephen a smith because they always ask long, hard questions to someone like golovkin who barely speaks/understands english

Comment

Originally posted by LOLffler View Post
        He didn't want to answer the question so acted like he didn't understand imo.
        Exactly! He didn't want to say what was clear as phuk. The man out boxed and confused me so I couldn't do what I normally do.

Now all a sudden it's a problem with his english? Whenever GGG says something stupid or contradicts himself the excuse oh well its language issue. Then motherphuker speak your own language let's get a translator and I guarantee he will still say stupid stuff because he's not in very intelligent. I notice his English only gets bad when he's asked tough questions he doesn't want to answer.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          Yeah GGG is not an intelligent fighter one dimensional unable to adapt on the fly. So Jacobs showed him something he wasn't prepared for, took away his power with boxing skills, he was confused couldn't adapt. So after the fight you expect him to have answers when he didn't in the ring? That's why you getting these foolish responses from a fighter who still doesn't understand what was happening. He's a low IQ fighter.
          Both Golovkin and Jacobs proved that they are high IQ fighters.

Comment

I don't know. For me personally, I wouldn't put much stock into what he had to say after the fight because I do realize that there is a language barrier. He is not American, therefore English is not his first language. Perhaps it would have been better had Max asked him those questions through an interpreter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
              I forgot, does Kellerman ask Loma questions in Russian?

Two minds are better than one. Does Oleg ever translate questions in English during HBO's roundup questions for the prefight? Clearly Kellerman and RJJ along with others are content with answers that don't relate to the questions they are asking?

interpretation seems to be an idiotic thing at HBO. Alvarez and Loma speak in their native languages fighting in the USA. They too can speak limited English but out of respect they answer back with common sense, not broken English
              Yup canelo clearly understands English more then he gives away but probably doesn't feel comfortable speaking it. But if you notice most times he will start talking after a question BEFORE his translator even relays it back in Spanish. I live on the east coast and tons of Puerto Ricans and Dominicans who second generation born here talk to their parents and grandparents like this. They are stronger with English so when they spoken to in Spanish they understand but respond back in english rather broken simple spanish.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                I don't know. For me personally, I wouldn't put much stock into what he had to say after the fight because I do realize that there is a language barrier. He is not American, therefore English is not his first language. Perhaps it would have been better had Max asked him those questions through an interpreter.
                What do you mean? Oleg his manager is always behind Golovkin doing the translations post ring as Max does the questions. SO you must wonder, what is Oleg saying since he is the financial advisor, manager for Golovkin...

Comment

Originally posted by LOLffler View Post
                  One of the greatest excuses ever. If he stands still i can hit him.
                  gotta give it up to pacquiao

Comment

How you compare to Pac's questions after Floyd?

For example:

Kellerman: What was Jacobs able to do to make you go 12 rounds...?

Golovkin: Respect..Thanks to team...support...

Kellerman: Again, same question. What was he able to do...?

Golovkin: He's my favorite fighter....I can't destroy him.. He's very clean..very good..he's a very good fighter..

Kellerman: You said that going into the fight...

Golovkin: Yes after the 2nd round...I respect him..I need boxing..I need decision...

Kellerman: Did you respect him too much? Did you not throw too much?

Golovkin: Max this is sport. I'm boxer.. I'm not killer. This is boxing..

Kellerman: Did you think going into the 12th round..

Golovkin: Max this is boxing. I need decision fight. Right now...I am ready for big drama show?

Kellerman: blah blah blah... (I'd imagine Max is done with Golovkin for future notice tbh...)

Golovkin: ...I need a very good quality fight...12 rounds...

Kellerman: Alvarez...

Golovkin: I am an animal for this fight...

So apparently Golovkin feels to be an animal for Alvarez, but admits his capacity for Jacobs, that he's not a killer?

Back to Kellerman regarding tangible examples in the ring. These are words Golovkin could've used... Who knows what his manager Oleg was translating or how they prepare for questions with every single interview conducted.. and you wonder how he's protected...

Phrases Golovkin could use:

''Max....

he have good jab..
                    hard to hit..
                    he very strong...
                    you know my punches..no hurt him..
                    you know Max, if he stay in one place, I can hit him

What a troll you are

GGG obv doesn't speak and comprehend english well and as a fan of his I see this everytime he speaks on ESPN or any interview.

He kept saying in this interview that he "needs" a decision basically saying he was ok with letting it go the full 12.

Also, he's trying to say that he can't "destroy" everyone and that Jacobs was just too big and strong to be KO'd.

stop reaching.

Comment

What do you mean? Oleg his manager is always behind Golovkin doing the translations post ring as Max does the questions. SO you must wonder, what is Oleg saying since he is the financial advisor, manager for Golovkin...
                      Oh I see. Well I can at least give him credit for speaking in English however; Even though it's not that good. It takes a lot of courage on his part to do that because for the exceptions: Of Manny Pacquiao, Miguel Cotto and Juan Manuel Marquez most non-American fighters are too embarrassed to speak in English. Therefore, they simply choose to answer questions in their native language.

Comment

Working...
                      X