Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most biased refereeing you've ever seen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
    I have no idea what the worst case is. These WTF moments are all too common and they blended together in my recollection. I did some YouTubing to refresh my memory and first one I came across I saw years ago. It was so bad the referee never officiated another fight. Agustus vs Burton. Augustus is the one who gets fouled several times and he's the guy who gets admonished and finally deducted a point. The kicker is, he loses the fight after winning most of the rounds and the official gets confused between a split decision and majority decision.
    Teddy Atlas had to explain it to the official. Just a magnificent display of incompetence all around.
    I hadn't seen that one before... .Christ I love Emmanuel Augustus.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
      Oh dude he was terrible. For years he was criticized for early stoppages and then for some odd reason he lets Montiel continue after receiving a left hook from hell.

Jesus wept.

"Are you okay to continue...?"
      "...."
      "Fuck it, you're continuing anyway, I don't give a shit... get back out there so he can give you permanent brain damage."

Comment

Originally posted by CineScape View Post
        Some Ref in Germany that warned a fighter from the U.S. not to hit the Germany based fighter in the face. When I saw that, I literally lost my ****. Lmao...
        As has been mentioned the robin reid v ottke fight was unbelievable, must be a German thing

Comment

Originally posted by Armchairhero View Post
          As has been mentioned the robin reid v ottke fight was unbelievable, must be a German thing
          The poster said later he'd misremembered, and he was also talking about the Reid-Ottke fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
            Don't forget Russell Mora.

That makes Ward/Kov 2 and Salido/Loma look like well officiated fights.
            Post fight Interview actually had me applauding Jim Gray
            Last edited by 4truth; 04-07-2019, 02:15 PM.

Comment

It was a fight on the old Friday Night fights on ESPN. Emanuel Augustus vs Burton from Michigan. Augustus even got robbed on the decision. Ref was bad.

Comment

Tony weeks and the other one who always helped mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                  Nothing beats the ref from the Juan Coggi vs Eder Gonzalez fight.
                  this was the worst for me too.
                  murata - sandoval was very funny

Comment

Most any Lawrence Cole fight. Take your Pick

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                      Nothing beats the ref from the Juan Coggi vs Eder Gonzalez fight.
                      Never seen that before, absolutely extraordinary:

Comment

Working...
                      X