No announcement yet.

Lockett bottles out of fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockett bottles out of fight

Gary Locket welsh stable mate of Joe Calzaghe has turned down a chance to fight for the IBF world Middleweight champ Arthur Abraham, seems Frank Warren pulling the strings and wants Locket to try for the WBO an organisation who he seems to have a lot of influence over, did locket turn down the fight because he fears Arthur Abraham or is it the fact if he ever gets the WBO Wank Warren can hand pick his opponents and keep him champ for 5 or 6 years without any real danger of him from loosing it, similar to his other WBO champs he has had.
    How can a fighter desperate to get a world title turn down a offer of a shot at a legitimate title.

What? Lockett is slated to fight Pavlik on June 7.

Comment

Originally posted by dmger14 View Post
      What? Lockett is slated to fight Pavlik on June 7.
      Lockett stated this after the rees fight last night, I believe he turned it down before he got the Pavlik fight.

Comment

So he turned down Abraham to fight Pavlik instead and you're saying that makes him a bad person? Lmfao.

He probably didn't wanna fight Abraham because he seen an Ottke fight.

Comment

What's wrong with that?

Comment

Fighting Pavlik=more money, better chance of a fair decision from the judges, more exposure etc.

Comment

And what exactly is wrong with this? All the reasons to take this fight.

Comment

It seems Lockett turned it down well before he was given a shot at Pavlik.
                Even a defeat in Germany wouldn't dent his carear than much, he isn't that good anyway, but I will be rooting for him when he fights I just like Wank Warren and his love affair with the WBO.

Comment

the money they offered was worse than he was getting to fight a ten rounder on the reese undercard.

Why fight a monster for free and lose the WBO number one ranking??
                  when he would get ten times the amount if he just waited out and got his mandatory for Pavlik... which he did.

Comment

i would rather get $200,000 and get put in hospital than put in hospital anyway and get paid $10,000

Comment

Working...
                    X