Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you trade your eyesight for potentially going the distance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

# Daring to be great doe ...

Donaire in the late rounds... heart of a champ

Comment

If I thought I was winning like Kell thought, with a round and a half to go? I would stay in there. But the reality was the eye wasn't the problem. The problem was Spence was dismantling his body and by that point the body was done. Nice eye excuse doe

Comment

excuses excuses excuses

he quit

he didnt want to get knocked out, he had nothing left in the tank

that eye sympathy card aint going to work twice
        Last edited by FrankieBruno; 05-28-2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
          Looks like hes gonna get surgery again, and have his eyeball removed again to repair his fractured eye socket.
          I laugh at these cowards who label him a quitter, so the questions goes as follows;

Would you trade your eyesight just to go the distance? (While losing the fight)

Its dumbass fighters who dont know how to call it a day like Margarito who end up getting damaged permanently against Pacquiao, he looks like a damn zombie now.
          No, brook did the right thing. Now another right thing he should do is retire. His health is more important and he showed us a tough fight, respect to brook.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            I don't think he quit because of his eyes. I think he quit to save himself from taking more hard punches and a certain KO that was coming soon. Spence knocked the fight, heart, and will to win out of him. That's my honest opinion. I am not a coward just because I have an pinion that is different than yours. Keep trying to convince everyone that Brook quitting the way he did was OK but I don't think you will change any minds about it.
            Beautiful post, am having none of that eye socket excuse. I think he straight up lied here, if I see a genuine x-ray of the eye not someone else's eye X-ray by some bogus doctor then I would take it back.

He claimed he was winning, so my guess is why quit when you know you are ahead on the cards? You can dance/mover around, you claim you were the man at 147 then prove it by going the extra yard.

At the end of the day this is why I always encourage British fighters to take tough opponents early on in their careers. This guy fought over 30 odd mediocre boxers and called himself the man at 147 and idiots actually fell for him.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
              That s a bogus question. Of course no one would choose eyesight over going the distance. He had a round and a half to to go. He said he couldn't see so you take his word. But you're only going off his word. What else is he going to say? If the ref had summoned a doctor to do an exam and then said he can't continue, no one would be questioning him today. To me it looked like he was fading, on the verge of getting KOd, and he chose to take a knee instead of continue. It's perfectly understandable but don't make it a matter of life and death when every fight has the potential to be life or death.
              Well its been confirmed from a recent CT scan that he currently has a broken eye socket, and im sure when Brook quit he must have known this since he experienced the same thing against GGG.
              Having a broken eye socket and continuing to get hit is risking your eyesight and Brook knew this.
              Last edited by SugarRayCurtain; 05-28-2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                excuses excuses excuses

he quit

he didnt want to get knocked out, he had nothing left in the tank

that eye sympathy card aint going to work twice
                how can you say that when he could have lost his eye against Golovkin?
                This is an exact repeat of the GGG fight, so why would he continue to fight this time around when it was sensible to quit the first time?

Comment

how can you say that when he could have lost his eye against Golovkin?
                  This is an exact repeat of the GGG fight, so why would he continue to fight this time around when it was sensible to quit the first time?
                  Because a lot of people criticized the hell out of him the first time or the damage became worse over the next rounds and he felt he couldn't go on. I doesn't matter. He lost..

Comment

Well its been confirmed from a recent CT scan that he currently has a broken eye socket, and im sure when Brook quit he must have known this since he experienced the same thing against GGG.
                    Having a broken eye socket and continuing to get hit is risking your eyesight and Brook knew this.
                    What he knew and what it turned out to be is up to your interpretation. I'm not blaming him for quitting he just need to own up to it and some people need to stop defending it. His next opponent has two eyes to target knowing he'll likely quit.

Comment

the hard hard men of nsb surely would have gone the distance.

Comment

Working...
                      X