Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez Back In The Gym After Applying For Boxing License! [Video]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martinez had a style that doesn't age well. I'm surprised he was still at the top level his few years, but that could be attributed to starting boxing at an older age so he peaked out later than the average boxer. Even then, he seemed to gradually slow down every fight. The Chavez fight took a lot of him it seemed.

This is a bad idea, never mind age and inactivity. His knees are shot.

I hope he just fights no hopers in Argentina. I don't want to see him get fed to the young lions for a paycheck.

Comment

he wants the Pacquiao fight

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
        Prime Chavez jr took something away from him and Vice versa. Both were never the same after they fought.
        He was damaged goods when he fought JR!

JR still could not put him away!

Comment

yea he had knee problems before the Chavez fight.

he supposedly cycles and play soccer in between boxing so that might have contributed to wearing down his knee caps or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post

He was pound for pound number 4 when he fought jr. Behind marquez Floyd and pacquiao.

That was his last good performance. Giving his all and still couldn’t put lazy jr away as well.

Jr was closer to putting him away than vice versa. I’m a fan of maravilla but just facts.

That was when he seriously injured his knee. And all the other parts of his body. Boxing a cruiserweight dude at middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post

Jr fight took a lot from him.
              While he also took jr’s prime — or whatever that point in his career was, but he seemed hotshot at that point.

So if you disagree, which fight then??
              He wasn’t taking as much beating before JR.

Comment

I guess he can make some decent money fighting a few Argentinian steakhouse waiters, but he'd get killed against the top middleweights.

Comment

Unless he's broke he should just keep on working out in the gym to keep himself in shape. Boxing is a dangerous sport and he retired with no brain injuries, so no need to make a comeback if he's financially stable.
                  Last edited by VatoMulatto; 07-25-2018, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogecca MaMa View Post
                    not this pre-madonna again
                    He is definitely post-Madonna, he ain’t that old....oh wait, you meant prima donna! Gotcha.

Either way, too old and out too long to make a comeback now. Bad idea.

Comment

He could fight Floyd, or Margarito II.

Comment

Working...
                      X