No announcement yet.

Weightlifting??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weightlifting??

I am 16 years of age and i weight 144 pounds and im 6'0 ft tall i want to get more bulk and put on some more pounds i want to be middleweight. Should i start lifting heavy weights? ive been lifting light because my trainer says so but he dosent understand that i wanna gain more mass. Ive been lifting light for a while i just seem to get more ripped no mass.

Any tips on how i gain more mass? I NEED TO GET BIGGER!

Originally posted by SeattleProdigy View Post
    I am 16 years of age and i weight 144 pounds and im 6'0 ft tall i want to get more bulk and put on some more pounds i want to be middleweight. Should i start lifting heavy weights? ive been lifting light because my trainer says so but he dosent understand that i wanna gain more mass. Ive been lifting light for a while i just seem to get more ripped no mass.

Any tips on how i gain more mass? I NEED TO GET BIGGER!
    Eat more and lift more.

Honestly, though, you don't need weight-lifting to gain mass. Over the summer I wasn't able to go to the gym and thus didn't work on cardio a lot, but did a ton of pushups and pullups and ate larger meals, and gained mass from it.

Comment

you don't really just have to lift weights...eat more and lift hevey

Comment

i have a really really fast metabolism i burn fat FAST so its hard for me to eat to gain weight thats why i was saying should i lift start lifting heavy weights? i played football as a wide reciever my football coach made me lift heavy to get bulk but i heard lifting heavy isnt too good for boxing?

Comment

i have a really really fast metabolism i burn fat FAST so its hard for me to eat to gain weight thats why i was saying should i lift start lifting heavy weights? i played football as a wide reciever my football coach made me lift heavy to get bulk but i heard lifting heavy isnt too good for boxing?
          hmmm....well lifting hevey weights in boxing usally follows with lifting smaller weights in order to lose fat and gain muscle around your arm and leg area. that what i do to get lean and not too bulk....but i don't know about just lifting hevey weights. if you metabolism is high as you say then making middle might be a little hard. (not to hard but it will be tough) i think you might just make it to welterweight and if you do make it to middle it will at the lowest weight. until your metabolism slows down.

Comment

Can my metabolism really slow down? i eat alot man trust me but ever since i was 10 my metabolism was high though.

Comment

how the **** can you gain weight by lifting heavy weights?
              It all has to do with eating, if you eat without lifting weight you will gain fat, if you eat and lift weight the proteins you eat will become muscle, al the fats you eat will still remain fat even if you lift weight so when you are bulking try to avoid fat.

Comment

Originally posted by FisherMan Henk View Post
                how the **** can you gain weight by lifting heavy weights?
                It all has to do with eating, if you eat without lifting weight you will gain fat, if you eat and lift weight the proteins you eat will become muscle, al the fats you eat will still remain fat even if you lift weight so when you are bulking try to avoid fat.
                Is that how you gained your muscle henk.

Comment

gaining mass has two parts: working out and eating. you can't make something out of nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by 817boy View Post
                    Is that how you gained your muscle henk.
                    thats how its supposed to be done, dont talk about things you dont know **** about

Comment

Working...
                    X