Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Boxing Commission make Broner shave his beard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Boxing Commission make Broner shave his beard?

Recent photos of Broner show his beard to be very thick and long. A punch to his jaw would be cushioned by that thing!

Why do commissions allow boxers to have thick beards, hell ANY beard? Got to be an advantage for the guy with the beard.

Make Manny shave too.

YT finna take away a black man's beard in 2019 smh...

Comment

yes. he's clean shaven for all of his fights. he knows the rules.

EDIT - just realized your post was sarcastic, but beards ARE against the rules. Not because they are cushioning though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
        Recent photos of Broner show his beard to be very thick and long. A punch to his jaw would be cushioned by that thing!

Why do commissions allow boxers to have thick beards, hell ANY beard? Got to be an advantage for the guy with the beard.

Make Manny shave too.
        i hope you are kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          i hope you are kidding.
          No, I'm serious. Broner may as well be wearing headgear.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            yes. he's clean shaven for all of his fights. he knows the rules.

EDIT - just realized your post was sarcastic, but beards ARE against the rules. Not because they are cushioning though.
            No, I was actually being serious.

IDK about rules but I've seen lots of beards in the ring....Duran for one but that was way back. A Sikh was allowed to wear a towel on his head because his hair was way long due to religious reasons.

Comment

i hope you are kidding.
              No, why would he be? The science shows that 2 netrons of hair (or 4mm in commonspeak) is enough to absorb 12 zyklons of energy - almost equivalent to 1 pound in force / pure kenetic energy. That's quite significant when you factor in AB's beard is much thicker than that. By my estimation his beard would in effect NEGATE 50-60 zyklons of energy.

That could be the difference between getting KOd out cold stiff or surviving to fight another round. This would be pure corruption to let him fight like that and yet another AA getting away with murder. Disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                No, why would he be? The science shows that 2 netrons of hair (or 4mm in commonspeak) is enough to absorb 12 zyklons of energy - almost equivalent to 1 pound in force / pure kenetic energy. That's quite significant when you factor in AB's beard is much thicker than that. By my estimation his beard would in effect NEGATE 50-60 zyklons of energy.

That could be the difference between getting KOd out cold stiff or surviving to fight another round. This would be pure corruption to let him fight like that and yet another AA getting away with murder. Disgrace.
                That's what I'm talking about Shontae. It's scientifically proven.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                  No, I'm serious. Broner may as well be wearing headgear.
                  Nah Moo. Not you, man.

There have been a few threads on BoxRec. Read through and get that silly nonsense out your head.
                  http://boxrec.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...47&hilit=beard

Comment

Nah Moo. Not you, man.

There have been a few threads on BoxRec. Read through and get that silly nonsense out your head.
                    http://boxrec.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...47&hilit=beard
                    Using Bas Ruten's comments as scientific evidence. Right.

Comment

Working...
                    X