Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG, "Andre too big for me...no..." - 2014 Geale prep fight - what did it mean?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG, "Andre too big for me...no..." - 2014 Geale prep fight - what did it mean?

"Andre is Andre, me is me." -Golovkin

"Kell Brook...he too small..you know...jusss trash talk." -Golovkin

Can someone explain if Golovkin understands size differences, or something else

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
    "Andre is Andre, me is me." -Golovkin

"Kell Brook...he too small..you know...jusss trash talk." -Golovkin

Can someone explain if Golovkin understands size differences, or something else
    It means you're obsessed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      It means you're obsessed, mate.
      What does he mean he is too big for him? Is he being metaphorical? Was he referring to fame? Physical?

Cmon master Grozny, we must know. Because for every Ward hate thread surely we need to ask what Golovkin meant by this. And why 164?

Comment

What does he mean he is too big for him? Is he being metaphorical? Was he referring to fame? Physical?

Cmon master Grozny, we must know. Because for every Ward hate thread surely we need to ask what Golovkin meant by this. And why 164?
        Man, I can't be bothered, I've got a floor to lay.

Comment

I've wondered about that. If you consider the way things become lost in translation, it could mean too much in terms of skill level, or too much in terms of size. I didn't think much of it at the time because it seemed obvious Ward was too much. But, after people made a big deal about Ward v GGG, it became more relevant.

People who get upset over this quote shouldn't because Golovkin isn't going up now either so maybe he just doesn't feel comfortable with the idea of 168, despite what Sanchez claims.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            I've wondered about that. If you consider the way things become lost in translation, it could mean too much in terms of skill level, or too much in terms of size. I didn't think much of it at the time because it seemed obvious Ward was too much. But, after people made a big deal about Ward v GGG, it became more relevant.

People who get upset over this quote shouldn't because Golovkin isn't going up now either so maybe he just doesn't feel comfortable with the idea of 168, despite what Sanchez claims.
            do you think if Floyd said it, ''that Golovkin is too big for him'' they'd say Floyd is a coward?

I love these kind of philosophical questions.

Comment

Like you, GGG could barely speak English when he made that statement during an interview when he was getting ready to fight Geale.

His English now is obviously better than yours, because he didn't even say that Ward was too big for him.

He was asked if he wanted to respond to a statement by Ward saying that Golovkin was ducking him. His reply to that was .. "No .. Andre ... is too much for me ... not today.."

Clearly, what he meant was that he either didn't want to talk about Ward in that interview, or didn't know enough English to say what he wanted to say.
              Last edited by kafkod; 10-20-2016, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Like you, GGG could barely speak English when he made that statement during an interview when he was getting ready to fight Geale.

His English now is obviously better than yours, because he didn't even say that Ward was too big for him.

What he said was "Andre ... this too much for me now"

Clearly, what he meant was that he either didn't want to talk about Ward in that interview, or didn't know enough English to say what he wanted to say.
                Oh really? The following link was done in 2013. Golovkin understands Ellie's questions comprehensively, and we can debate how coherent Golovkin carried his answer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw0Tz6im1Wk&t=315s

Golovkin clearly said making 154-168 was easy for him. So then you've got a question in 2014 during the Geale bout regarding Ward and he says his thing.

We then find out in 2015 he wants a catchweight at 164.

Do we need any more evidence that ''too much'' could refer to ''size''?

he was very coherent about Brook's weight and criticizing such a fight to be a joke...just saying...

Comment

do you think if Floyd said it, ''that Golovkin is too big for him'' they'd say Floyd is a coward?

I love these kind of philosophical questions.
                  I always defend guys who want to stay at a certain weight. Be it Floyd, Canelo, Golovkin, etc. If that's your choice of weight class, there's no cowardice in fighting there. Moving up can sometimes help your resume, but that's another subject.

What I don't dig is people faking call-outs. I think Sanchez and the fans are mostly to blame for that. I've heard Golovkin say several times that he's not interested in 168 but Sanchez goes back and forth on that every month. Also talks about dropping Kovalev, cruisers, etc but pulls up a welter and is hyperfocused on taunting a SMW.

Genady himself seems to want to fight whoever they give him at 160. And that's fair enough. Pac does the same at WW. As does Joshua at HW. Many boxers let their managers do the managing.

Comment

Oh really? The following link was done in 2013. Golovkin understands Ellie's questions comprehensively, and we can debate how coherent Golovkin carried his answer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw0Tz6im1Wk&t=315s

Golovkin clearly said making 154-168 was easy for him. So then you've got a question in 2014 during the Geale bout regarding Ward and he says his thing.

We then find out in 2015 he wants a catchweight at 164.

Do we need any more evidence that ''too much'' could refer to ''size''?

he was very coherent about Brook's weight and criticizing such a fight to be a joke...just saying...
                    That's not the interview you made this thread to talk about and GGG doesn't even mention Ward there.

Stop fudging and trying to throw up smoke screens.

Golovkin was asked if he wanted to respond to a ducking accusation by Ward and this was his reply ...

"No ... Andre is too much for me ... not today"

Clearly, what he meant was that he had nothing to say about Ward's comments.

Comment

Working...
                    X