Floyd is more talented but JMM has the better wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
    This goes without saying.

Mayweather gets zero credit for beating Marquez, true boxing historians recognise the result as void.
    No they dont LOL!! He made Juan look like a fool. No one cares about the weight because Floyd beat him so bad, that it left the impression that no matter WHAT weight, Floyd was much too good for Juany!! Floyd also did not use his size advantage to overpower Juan. He didnt even walk him down. He stayed on the outside, and outboxed him!

Comment

• Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
      I'd rank JMM higher in the ATG list just based on his wins. The Pac KO is a win that creates legends. Fraud Jr. missed out on that chance. Would you say JMM has better wins against tougher opposition than Mayweather? Discuss.
      lol come on son

Comment

• Mayweather is the bigger guy, but I wouldn't be surprised if JMM had the bigger snake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
          Mosley, Ortiz, Cotto, Guerrero, and Canelo.
          I laugh at your list. We all know Floyd fought all of them because there was something so defective about them at the points of their careers.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrpizza-nd_beer View Post
            I laugh at your list. We all know Floyd fought all of them because there was something so defective about them at the points of their careers.
            Thats speculation. But even if it were true, we cant use that to prove that they arent good fighters. Floyd's resume since JMM is great. The only one not on the list that he shouldnt have fought was Pac. But if he fought Pac, and didnt fight ONE of these fighters it would be a duck to me.

Comment

• Gotta go with Floyd on this one. JMM doesnt beat most of Floyd's best wins.

Comment

• Floyd's win over Canelo is going to look better and better in the next few years as Canelo keeps winning, particularly if Canelo v Cotto materialises, as Canelo will beat Cotto and prob by KO imho.

FMJ

- Hatton
                - Hernandez
                - Castillo x 2
                - SSM
                - Cotto
                - Judah
                - Ortiz
                - Guerrero
                - ODLH
                - Gatti
                - Corrales
                - Corley
                - Canelo
                - Manfredy
                - and JMM by shutout at the weight he pole axed MP in

versus

- Pac
                - Casamayor
                - Diaz
                - Katsisdis
                - Salido
                - BARRERA

Does he really have the better wins?

Alot of you people discount the effect the fans have on determining ATG status. The public know who Floyd is, he is a visible figure, and a popular one (love or hate) and that has a huge effect on how fighters are remembered and what esteem they are held in.

Comment

• Last I checked Floyd gave JMM a boxing lesson. WW or not Floyd proved who the better fighter was in the ring.

Say he was the bigger fighter all you want. What I saw was Floyd being too fast and too damn hard to hit for the great Marquez.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrpizza-nd_beer View Post
                    True, Floyd is very methodical about who he fights. With him its not a case of just picking the most dangerous man out there.

Originally posted by -FLIP- View Post
                    Gotta go with Floyd on this one. JMM doesnt beat most of Floyd's best wins.
                    If you take a little time to think about it, JMM possibly does beat everyone who Floyd beat. If JMM can find a way to beat Pac, and make life difficult for Pac don't discount JMM.
                    Floyd has more so called names on his resume as JMM spent his his whole career fighting Pac If JMM got rid of some of his fights with Pac, he might have more of the bradleys, Zudahs, hattons on his resume. But JMM always aimed for the best in Pac.
                    Having said that, the katsidis of this world aren't that great.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      True, Floyd is very methodical about who he fights. With him its not a case of just picking the most dangerous man out there.

If you take a little time to think about it, JMM possibly does beat everyone who Floyd beat. If JMM can find a way to beat Pac, and make life difficult for Pac don't discount JMM.
                      Floyd has more so called names on his resume as JMM spent his his whole career fighting Pac If JMM got rid of some of his fights with Pac, he might have more of the bradleys, Zudahs, hattons on his resume. But JMM always aimed for the best in Pac.
                      Having said that, the katsidis of this world aren't that great.
                      That is just a "NO" no matter how long you think (or waffle) about it. I keep asking people to list Marquez's 10+ best wins and see how they measure up. Any takers?

Comment

Working...
                      X