Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good weight routine for me to do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good weight routine for me to do?

I'm planning on starting boxing pretty soon, with hopes of competing. I've lifted weights for the past 3 years, but I haven't made that impressive strength gains, which I think is down to too much programme hopping and also due to a mental block causing me to not push myself enough.
    I need a good routine that I can milk to overcome these issues, and I also need to gain more strength as a foundation for boxing.
    What routines are recommended for boxing? I'm thinking of doing Ripptoe's Starting Strength, since it focusses only on the main lifts, which I think would be better for the functional strength I am after.
    Would this be a good one for me to do?

Originally posted by KrnxMan86 View Post
    I'm planning on starting boxing pretty soon, with hopes of competing. I've lifted weights for the past 3 years, but I haven't made that impressive strength gains, which I think is down to too much programme hopping and also due to a mental block causing me to not push myself enough.
    I need a good routine that I can milk to overcome these issues, and I also need to gain more strength as a foundation for boxing.
    What routines are recommended for boxing? I'm thinking of doing Ripptoe's Starting Strength, since it focusses only on the main lifts, which I think would be better for the functional strength I am after.
    Would this be a good one for me to do?
    How much do you weigh now? weight/height and what is your goal?

Comment

I'm 5'10 and weigh about 180lbs. Right now I want to up my strength as a foundation, since I can't lift as much weight as I should be able to. Is Starting Strength a suitable routine?

Comment

Originally posted by KrnxMan86 View Post
        I'm 5'10 and weigh about 180lbs. Right now I want to up my strength as a foundation, since I can't lift as much weight as I should be able to. Is Starting Strength a suitable routine?
        How much weight do you want to put on? 180 at your height would mean you are pretty lean I assume.

Comment

Working...
        X