Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Review of Bernard Hopkins PPV History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey fam do me a solid and pull up Kovalevs ppv numbers please. I'll be waiting

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Yeah but Dawson is boring with no fanbase,, Adonis is an exciting big puncher and everyone will want to see if Adonis can ko grandpa or if grandpa can turn back time
      Then that means that Adonis is actually bringing in the numbers and not Hopkins, which defeats the whole purpose of fighting him and he could've just fought Kovalev instead.

Like I said, Hopkins just did a whopping 40k which was disputed by one poster who thought it was 20k. Where's all this money from Hopkins coming from?

He fights on PPV once every 4 years or so
      Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 03-26-2014, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Why a lot of people here do not respect or underestimated Hopkins? In my opinion he is stepping more than Stevenson or Kovalev is doing as of now. He is attempting to unify titles which Kovalev or Stevenson haven't attempt.

Comment

Only a handful of boxers can boast good PPV #'s as most dont draw big. This is nothing new and no knock on Bhop.

Comment

Originally posted by face untouched View Post
            Hey fam do me a solid and pull up Kovalevs ppv numbers please. I'll be waiting
            Hopkins has been fighting for over 25 years smarty... Of course he would have more PPV's than Kovalev. Doesn't take a Harvard grad to figure that out.

That still doesn't explain why your idol could only sell 20-40k in his last PPV which was 2 years ago.

So, let's play devil's advocate and say that Hopkins was the "STAR" and Dawson had zero fans. Well damn, that means your boy B-Hop is only bringing 40,000 fans to the table. Stevenson is over here acting like Bernard is Donald Trump or somethin... Come on now

Comment

Originally posted by Trudoe View Post
              Only a handful of boxers can boast good PPV #'s as most dont draw big. This is nothing new and no knock on Bhop.
              I respect Hopkins.

I'm just saying, he's no cash cow money man like Stevenson is painting him out to be so he doesn't have to fight Kovalev.

Comment

Stevenson fans would hate to see two in their prime champions fight.

(I mean wouldn't you say Stevenson has gotten better since getting the belt?)

Comment

Now that I think about it, most people don't want to fight Hopkins because he's high risk, LOW REWARD.

WTF is Stevenson acting like Hopkins is some kind of jack pot all of a sudden? Where have I been and when did I miss this one?

It seems like Stevenson is picking his poison between Hopkins and Stevenson and let's just say I think he'd rather be outclassed over 12 than KO'd in 4

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Yeah but Dawson is boring with no fanbase,,
                    Not to mention that he is a big dummy. It's like they took him off of the plantation field. When Floyd Senior calls you "******ed" you know it's saying something. Couple that with the fact that he is from Connecticut, can't talk/promote worth a damn, and it's a recipe for disaster. At least be from NY or Philly if you're of non-Hispanic ancestry.

Comment

I feel bad for those 40k people that bought Bhop-Dawson

The way Bhop punked out of that fight in the first round everyone should've got a refund

Comment

Working...
                      X