Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is better fighter? Povetkin or Ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Povetkin of course, look at their resumes (pro & amateur), not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
      Who is better fighter? Who is tougher?

Povetkin or Ortiz?

vs

How is this even questionable? Ask yourself what's the greatest thing Ortiz has achieved in his amateur or pro career, then compare that to the greatest accomplishments of Povetkin's pro + amateur career and you'll find that it's not even close! Povetkin totally blows Ortiz away by a wide margin.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
        lol at Ortiz being more skilled than the olympic gold medallist Povetkin.

Even Duhaupas and Washington looked skilled versus Wilder.
        WTF does comparing Ortiz vs Povetkin have to do with Wilder? Let me guess....you are an AJ fanboy/Wilder hater?

I said it was close, and it is. If Ortiz was such an easy mark AJ would have fought him when Hearn had him in his stable. A big skilled powerful southpaw with tons of amateur experience isn't an easy fight for anyone. That is why was avoided by AJ, Whyte, Parker, Fury, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
          How is this even questionable? Ask yourself what's the greatest thing Ortiz has achieved in his amateur or pro career, then compare that to the greatest accomplishments of Povetkin's pro + amateur career and you'll find that it's not even close! Povetkin totally blows Ortiz away by a wide margin.
          This.

Record, achievements all points to Povetkin.

Comment

I'll have to go with Ortiz. He is tougher, stronger with a better defense and chin. Ortiz may be older but Povetkin appears to be the more shopworn of the two. Their power may be even.

The reason I chose Ortiz is because Wilder was the first to ever to expose him. Deontay bounced so many right hands off his chin and he ate them without so much as flinching.

On the other hand, I've seen Povetkin staggered, wobbled knocked down and damned near out on a many of occasions.

Comment

Good fight, make it happen

Comment

anybody aj fights become elite with skills out of this world, even dilian whyte...

they are both pretty good fighters of late pedvtkin hasn't looked too good. Ortiz has better technique and defense while pedvtkin throws more punches but he gets caught and wobbled alot. people will choose pedvtkin because he has more accomplishments but I think Ortiz is better at this point. I would love to see them fight!

Comment

I picked Ortiz but it's close. Povetkin has looked to have slowed down quite a bit of late. Prime for prime though, I say Povetkin.

Comment

I'd go with povetkin...he's faced the better opposition and proven himself a bit more. not to say Ortiz wouldn't have a decent chance of beating him if they fought tho.

Comment

... by far, Ortiz was the best of these two... but not anymore, as we speak...

Comment

Working...
                      X