No announcement yet.

NO REASON Lomachenko can't fight Manny

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M Bison View Post
    Pacquiao is too old, people wont give any credit If Loma does beat him. Better to seek a fight with Mikey or some other decent name.
    Lomachenko would get more credit beating a still dangerous Manny Pacquiao than beating Haney/Lopez/Davis combined... Manny is a MUCH bigger risk....

Lomachenko will have every advantage over haney/lopez/davis but will have to dig deep to get a win over Manny who is still very fast, powerful and still has his legs.

I don't know if Lomachenko has ever gone 100% in the ring but he'll have to against Manny.

It's strange that Lomachenko is not seeking out a fight with Manny considering how much money and fame it would bring him. No other fight is really PPV worthy either.

It's such an interesting clash of styles as well. Both guys are very high activity fighters and southpaws... Both are super fast... Would Lomachenko be able to avoid/take/neutralize Manny's power through 12 rounds and get a victory on points? I think it's an even more interesting match up than a Floyd mayweather fantasy matchup when he was still a natural 135lber

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      I doubt Manny wants to drain down to 135 at 40+ years old. I'm sure he could do it, but he would be putting himself at a disadvantage. Right now, he has the luxury of eating what he wants all the way up to the weigh in at 147 and still coming in under the limit. I can see him making 140 easier, but Loma is not going to 140, nor should be be expected to either. You cannot use the career path of one fighter to establish expectations of another. At least not in terms of weight classes.

I was a big Jones fan, but he killed himself coming back down from HW to LHW where he had to lose twenty pounds of muscle weight. He was never the same fighter again. Especially after his reflexes started to slow down.
      You can't compare Manny coming down to 135 to Jones coming back down to 175... it's not even close to being the same... I don't think Manny would be a skeleton at 135...he SAID he's good between 135 to 147... It's not THAT dramatic for him to go down to 135 because he wouldn't be cutting that much weight from his walk around weight.... Even if he was a little weight drained he would still have the power advantage over Lomachenko... It's STILL a more dangerous fight than Haney/Davis/Tank.

Now, of course, there's probably more money for him to fight Spence so he'll probably do that. But to me a Lomachenko is far more interesting... Spence has big power and he's very technically sound but he not a dazzling talent like Manny or Floyd or Lomachenko...

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
        Manny is on record very recently saying he can go down as low as 135. Yet, in the Campbell post fight press conference, Lomachenko's team immediately dismissed the possibility of a Pacquiao fight, comparing fighting Manny to fighting someone much bigger like Crawford or Canelo which is ridiculous.

I hear people compare Lomachenko to Roy Jones jr, yet Roy had the balls to go all the way to heavyweight...But Lomachenko can't fight a guy on record saying he can fight at his weight? Even some 137 catch-weight wouldn't be some huge, earth shattering undertaking. But Loma's team is trying to frame it like fighting Pacquiao is fighting some huge guy like Canelo. It's not a DUCK per say, but it's a REALISTIC challenge that Lomachenko isn't even willing to ACKNOWLEDGE.

Plus, I would much rather see Manny vs Lomachenko and maybe pass the torch that way If Loma can step up...than see Manny suffer a bad loss to Spence or Crawford.
        So, you'd rather see Manny beat up a guy who is below his weight class, than defend & possibly lose his belts against younger guys within his weight class. Why is that? This is boxing and he is a WW champion. If he won't defend his belts properly then he doesn't deserve to keep them.
        Last edited by SUBZER0ED; 09-09-2019, 11:25 AM.

Comment

You can't compare Manny coming down to 135 to Jones coming back down to 175... it's not even close to being the same... I don't think Manny would be a skeleton at 135...he SAID he's good between 135 to 147... It's not THAT dramatic for him to go down to 135 because he wouldn't be cutting that much weight from his walk around weight.... Even if he was a little weight drained he would still have the power advantage over Lomachenko... It's STILL a more dangerous fight than Haney/Davis/Tank.

Now, of course, there's probably more money for him to fight Spence so he'll probably do that. But to me a Lomachenko is far more interesting... Spence has big power and he's very technically sound but he not a dazzling talent like Manny or Floyd or Lomachenko...
          It is the same thing. Jones came down two weight classes, Manny would have to come down two weight classes. Jones was walking around at 193 when he fought Ruiz. He was not a full-blown HW. He was also younger than Manny when he fought, which isn't as much a toll on your body. Still, Jones came back down too soon when he didn't have to, he should have made a stop at CW, picked up a title there, and then back down to 175.

Spence is a riskier fight for Manny. He gets more credit for beating or even fighting a larger, stronger opponent.

Loma is maxed out at 135. I can't see him at 140+. He won't carry his power with him and he won't be able to take the power of bigger fighters at 140. Dominating three weight classes is still a noteworthy achievement. I don't see Spence doing that, nor do I see too many other fighters achieving what he has accomplished. Tank didn't even dominate 130, he left with a lot of unfinished business. I would like to see Loma be undisputed at 135, try to get a fight with Tank afterwards. If not Tank, then drop back to 130 and take on Berchelt.

Comment

Stop already.
            Pac cannot get down to 135

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
              If pac eat 3x a day his walk around weight is below 148lb. Pac is a natural lightweight and could easily make 135lbs...
              Look at his pictures at the Diaz weigh-in.
              That was a decade ago.

Comment

If Loma fights Pacquiao, hater swill keep talking he ducks some guys like Lopez, Commey, Gervonta and so on. I would rather see Loma fighting these guys.

Comment

Loma knows he cant mess with Pacman...he never mentions his name

Comment

Could manny make 135 for this fight? It's a big MAYBE.

Is Lomachenko moving past 135? No.

And look at half the posts here. One half says Loma gets no credit for draining Pacquiao and the other half say it's a dumb idea.

It's a good fantasy matchup but one that has passed for good. Jumping weight classes does not validate skill. Is like me saying Floyd was never good because he was too afraid to fight GGG who is the same size as Canelo. And even then Floyd didnt fight Canelo at 154 despite fighting there prior.

Lomachenko could fight Pacquiao but imo it does nothing for his legacy unless the fight is at 147. But that again opens a can of worms.

Nothing will ever validate Lomachenko.

Loma fights pac at 135-140 the haters will say he drained pac.

Loma fights Pac at 147 and his haters will say hes past it and cherry picked Pac. Then theyll tell him that hes only good if he can beat Spence, Crawford, or whomever.

It's a never ending circle so Lomachenko has chosen what makes him happy and imo the right path. No need to cherry pick big names to puff your resume. Pac is way past it. It just happens his matchmaking has been good.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
                      Its bull**** Loma comes up to 147 or he can stfu about a fight. Draining Manny is garbage.
                      you make it sound, like Loma is begging or willing to fight Pacman. he never mentioned that ... so why won't you make a favor and just shut the ***** up?

Comment

Working...
                      X